Post-Game Talk: Only Bob may go to the ti**y bar tonight: Panthers get swept, off-season coaching decision looms

Are you happy with what Florida did this season?

• Yes, President's trophy and 1st series win since 1996

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • No, just give me the monkey pox

Votes: 47 47.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Important to note this isn't Columbus 2019 making one last run, Florida won't be able to go all in next year like this year but this team will still be very good, The only players Florida is likely losing that started the year with Florida last year are Marchment and Mamin (maybe Horny too) and I like all of them, especially Marchment but none of them will stop Florida from coming 1st or 2nd in the Atlantic.

That all said there are some concerning things. I do believe there will be a coaching change but the only reason this isn't 2019 Lightning embarassing is Hathaway's shot going 3 inches right and Bob playing well. The core has looked off and only so much blame can go to AB. The biggest question mark in goaltending was the biggest strength and it's frustrating to have wasted that. Aside from the probable coaching change it's going to be a quiet summer so it's up to these guys next year to either be the 2020 Lightning or mid 2010s Caps.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Florida finally won a series. I’ll take it but it’s a shame to go out like this.

Getting potentially swept by a Tampa team without Brayden Point is so depressing. With the talent this team has, that’s unacceptable. Scoring one powerplay goal all playoffs is unacceptable. Our star players looking weak all playoffs is unacceptable.

I don’t know. I just hate losing to a rival like this. It feels like we were completely outclassed in every category in this series by a bitter rival when we were supposed to be on-par or the favorites going in. If every game was close and we just were on the losing end each time, I’d accept that. But we never seemed like we were really a threat.

Idk what happens in game 4 but I don’t have much expectations. Hopefully they start Jumbo. Give him one more game.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
I cried when Verhaeghe scored so nothing will take that away but it is annoying to waste so many assets on an interim coach. Maybe this early 2nd round exit means time to woo Trotz? Florida still has the pieces to win (on paper) without trading for anyone, but they got wrecked by a tired Tampa team without Point. It's not acceptable. Barkov an Co. have to answer some questions next season, the regular season doesn't matter and the 1st round monkey is off their back, anything less than any ECF will be a disappointment.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
hello! hell oooo ou ?!?!!?

lundell 45 points 60 games plusminusplus40. from third line he wheeling team at regular season in rookie year no PPtime and no muchminitgames a played of his.

im sorry propably already hear me by this but at PLAYOFF he already big boy should of be playing almost 30min an top line at here. instead they bring in veteran player giroex and plumping down lundellplayingtime to almost 0 and continueing bringing up at regulars season overproducing and as i promised already satisfied and chilling huberdeu to HERODRESSactivities here.

i warned about this to be happening. team stalling and falling as lundell taketh away from work. he holdet i say team under his arm at regulars and this from 3rd line. instead they teamcoachmen somehow someway taking him off. i dont know he from foreign country they jealous at young foreign atletic and not care of own team success?= i seen this stupities going on year after year they not at team headquarters or coaches very often care of really wanting to win cups im sorry this truth. i saw this team collaps building up here. what up with lundell future here? im not sure he is gonna bring up heavy fighting anymore from 3rd line if not properly giveth toplineminits and duties here start next season day 1. he propably got angry here when giroex arrived and taket his icetime and started playing little worse by purpose almost. why the hell taking teams like best player and not play him. this case beyond all logical

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I can't say I'm happy with either option. Satisfied with the Presidents Trophy and series win, OK.

At this point I am not happy at all, maybe in a while when this anger/frustration goes away.

Reactions: 16Skippy

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I don’t know how you can be happy with this season.

Regular season was a lot of fun. But playoffs matters! We didn’t look good against the Caps and barley won the series. And now we are 0-3 against Tampa.

Losing in R2 against Tampa is not the problem. The problem is how bad we’ve looked in the playoffs so far.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
"It's 4-0. Who cares. We can still win this series..."
"No, Jonny. It's over."
"No, you're wrong... we just need couple of lucky bounces and we can reel this thing back in."

• Haha
Reactions: Vilam

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Tonight will be very interesting. This is a 1 game tryout. The guys that show up and realize their season will be over and doing Everything they can and those guys who are more interested in ice cream parties and golf outings.

Everyone who isn’t playing desperate hockey tonight should be sent packing including humpdy dumpdy behind the bench.

Reactions: Vilam

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Boy I was really unhappy with Huby in the post game interviews. Just not willing to admit anything negative. Reinhart on the other hand admitted to some things. And Bruno was his old bland self basically in defensive mode. You don’t see anger but supposedly the team is frustrated but I don’t see that either I see a nonchalant acceptance of the situation really disturbing in my opinion.

CoolioFunk

Apr 15, 2021
Well, today's the day. Will we go out like chumps or show some heart? Be nice to pull off at least one win...trying to stay optimistic but the writing is on the wall. A strong, consistent effort would be good to see - win or lose.

hoax15

Oct 14, 2007
S. Florida
www.floridapanthers.com
Time for Bruno to show us why he should stay as our HC…or why he should go.

I really feel like coaching is the difference in these two series. Guys just dont look like they really want it and we are getting beat by Tampa’s system. In my mind that goes down to the coaches.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Obviously it’s Tampa’s sweep to lose at this point, and everyone knows that it should be pretty much an automatic W for them. They stated post game that they won’t be changing anything (why would they?) and neither will the Panthers (although they should have been doing that ever since game 1 of the Caps series).

After it’s all said and done, and we are embarrassed with an 0-4 showing, the Bolts will make all sorts of complimentary statements about the Panthers, maybe even slide in “growing pains they know about first hand”. And Bruno will come out with conciliatory statements about all the talent but “running out of gas” and “just not syncing up”. The players will likewise say stuff about “disappointment” and “frustration” and “need to analyze”.

Most notably, nobody will say anything about being really f***ing upset about the no-show. Nobody will say how this was their big chance and they didn’t want it. Except maybe Zito will. That’s my main focus. If Zito is pissed as hell, then it’s a good sign. Otherwise it’s business as usual in Panther land — the desire to do what it takes isn’t really there, it’s just talk and more talk.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I’d like them to at least be physical tonight. Taking it to Tampa at least makes it entertaining instead of just bowing down. But maybe that grueling Caps series has them shying away from playing that way.

-ghoste

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Vasi shutout. Said it since Wednesday and yesterday my 4-1 prediction went over to a 5-1 so close. Not trying to be negative but Panthers were never invested in this series.

With that said, if they manage to win this one good for them really, that game 2 loss deflated my interest in the whole sport this season. I love hockey and i watch as many games as i can from every team and it sucks I've been disconnected since this round started. The Panthers just do that to me with their yearly bs and the fact that theres always something with this team.

Be normal or consistent or something else that is not a yearly embarrassment, thats all i ask for. Not even in a record breaking year they can pick a side, they always manage to be the Florida Panthers. The difference now is the Presidents trophy, hang that banner in the 300 level bathroom for all i care.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hope we can at least win one to avoid the embarrassment of a sweep. That’s all I want at this point.

We’ve scored three goals all series after averaging over 4 per game. What else is there to say?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
20220514_161610.jpg

Barkov tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad