Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I was talking about waivers. No one is absorbing him via waivers.

I could see a trade involving money sending a contract back, yes.
In a world where Beagle, Roussel and Comeau all signed multi year deals for over 2.4 million this past summer, nothing is impossible. GM's love those big bodies.

Ottawa could be a team that grabs him for the main reason that they are likely to be moving out multiple guys anytime and Weise could just be a replacement. And of course, next year he makes less real money than his cap hit.

But yeah, he likely clears.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Weise back to Mtl!

PHI:
Schlemko

MTL:
Weise

It's literally a cap wash and contract length wash (Mtl eats up an extra $200k). Weise's best years were in Montreal, and Schlemko needs a reset somewhere else.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Weise back to Mtl!

PHI:
Schlemko

MTL:
Weise

It's literally a cap wash and contract length wash (Mtl eats up an extra $200k). Weise's best years were in Montreal, and Schlemko needs a reset somewhere else.

200k is a lot when it comes to trash. Also, Weise wouldn't fit anywhere in our lineup.

Reactions: Victorius

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
At this stage of the season? Seems a little late for that kind of move.
He should have stayed with the Stars (if they wanted him). He was actually a pretty solid player last year and in the run to the Calder Cup. I don't know if he got a little more money with San Antonio or not ($350k minor league salary), but with 1 goal and some scratches, he probably just wanted out of there. He's not super-old at 30, should be able to catch on somewhere that's a better fit. Whether that's Europe or a different minor league stint, either way.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He should have stayed with the Stars (if they wanted him). He was actually a pretty solid player last year and in the run to the Calder Cup. I don't know if he got a little more money with San Antonio or not ($350k minor league salary), but with 1 goal and some scratches, he probably just wanted out of there. He's not super-old at 30, should be able to catch on somewhere that's a better fit. Whether that's Europe or a different minor league stint, either way.

i don't know the full impact, but i would suspect that walking away from a NHL contract, to sign in AHL, probably has financial/benefits/perks lost

always surprised when guys do that,
even when the why they want to is clear

a couple weeks back, ex-Penn State Vince Pedrie asked out of his NHL ELC w NYR, and signed an AHL deal elsewhere -
he had been the #8 guy of NYR's all-lefty minor-league D corps, and bouncing between ECHL and AHL

but things change, Lindgren got called up and any inury/suspension/trade/etc could have put Pedrie right back in Hartford lineup, with his ELC still in place

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Hope the hawks claim rattie, I think his potential is still there and maybe JC can put him in a place to succeed.he has got to help the hawks depth. He is got to be a better option than Kunitz and Kruger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad