Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Trade incoming after 2Bit being waived? Or Turris coming off IR? I would think they would've sent Blackwell back down..

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Bitetto is going to get claimed. He's a great bottom pairing guy. Great locker room presence as well

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's hard to when you're stuck behind that D-core
Hm, well, I don't know if guys are "stuck behind" the top-4. A guy can still carve out his niche on a 3rd-pair. And frankly, I think the Preds have been stuck sheltering a lot of their 3rd pair guys the last couple of years. Hamhuis has been a nice addition to somewhat change that up. You can tell the difference for sure. Hamhuis is legit there. The others... Irwin, Weber, and Bitetto... they have been placeholders, basically. We can get by on them in a pinch because we have such a good top-4. And they could be serviceable in #6/7/8 roles on probably any team. But I wouldn't put it like they are "stuck behind" the top-4.

Bitetto is a well-liked and hard-working guy and we all wish him well. But I don't think there's any hidden upside to him.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I liked Bitetto but he's nothing more than a #7.

Irwin sucks and he's marginally better than Bitetto.

Weber doesn't get enough praise tbh, I think he's a great #6.
I think Weber can be adequate in the right matchups with the right utilization. And he's one guy where if you didn't have the gaudy top-4, you could probably also start getting something from him in 2nd-wave PP duty. But he does also struggle and get pinned down at times if he is stuck in the wrong matchups. So I wouldn't necessarily call him "great"... but he's a legit #6 with at least some situational upside, and a little better therefore than Irwin or Bitetto IMHO.

Reactions: BonMorrison

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
It's hard to when you're stuck behind that D-core

Not really. Nashville has an insane top 4, but their bottom pairing has usually been a revolving door of “he’s still in the NHL?”. If you struggle being sheltered on their bottom pairing, you’re going to struggle anywhere

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
color]
Oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad