Injury Report: Ondrej Pavelec reportedly left MTSC on crutches (MOD Warning post #26) (Update)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
After looking at the replay several times, it looks like once Stuart pushed Doan, he became off balanced and decided to throw himself into Pavelec instead of crashing into the boards.

Thoughts?

My thought is that everything looks premeditated when viewed on slow motion replay. Perhaps his line was a bit reckless to start with, but at game speed, I think this is just one of those unfortunate occurrences that happen. Wheeler plays the same way, and if he happens to crash into a goalie on one of his net drives, would we be making the same comments? Doan plays the game hard, and if Jets 1.0 had never left, I'll bet everyone here would have been happy to have had him for the past couple of decades.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
After looking at the replay several times, it looks like once Stuart pushed Doan, he became off balanced and decided to throw himself into Pavelec instead of crashing into the boards.

Thoughts?

yup.

stu pushes his left side to nudge him off course and to the right. I believe and he redirects himself to the left to full on slam into Pavs.

Dumb move by stu though, I hate that some players till push a player from behind that is driving hard to the net. most players are coached out of that habit early.

Last edited:

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
Pavelec is a tough SOB....gutted out that final 5 minutes. For me, this opportunity will say more about Hutchinson than Hellebuyck. We'll find out if Hutch is a viable future starter or just a solid long-term backup. He's gotta run with it this time.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
My thought is that everything looks premeditated when viewed on slow motion replay. Perhaps his line was a bit reckless to start with, but at game speed, I think this is just one of those unfortunate occurrences that happen. Wheeler plays the same way, and if he happens to crash into a goalie on one of his net drives, would we be making the same comments? Doan plays the game hard, and if Jets 1.0 had never left, I'll bet everyone here would have been happy to have had him for the past couple of decades.

Plus, I think Doan was still thinking, score. So he continued towards the net, hoping the momentum would carry the puck in.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
They might do an emergency backup and sign the local university netminder to a 1 day contract. it's been done before in the NHL, and while it's not as glamorous in the AHL, the guy should get a little something.

The game is at 2:00. I guess if he caught the first flight out of Tulsa he could make it on time

Sounds like Corgis might be right - if Jussi was not able to get here in time, we may see a local goalie on the bench for the Moose.

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
I happened to be watching that game and saw Doan slam into him. Pavelec got hit hard.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I happened to be watching that game and saw Doan slam into him. Pavelec got hit hard.

I missed it. Why did Pavs continue to play for 5 minutes? I believe he was hit hard and a knee bent sideways should have hurt like hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad