Injury Report: Ondrej Pavelec reportedly left MTSC on crutches (MOD Warning post #26) (Update)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Prediction:

Hellebuyck will steal the starting job, and since Pavelec's salary makes him virtually untradeable, Hutch will be the odd man out. Comrie also is playing like a stud.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
In a perfect world he'd get more time with the Moose, but I guess it will be nice to see what he is capable of, IF he even plays a game. Hutch is still healthy.

Why?
What's perfect about longer?

People extraordinarily overestimate when goaltenders peak:
Indexed_NHL_Index.jpg

I mean, nothing is perfect about this situation. Pavelec is injured. Injuries, whether they hurt the team or not, are never perfect.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Take all the time you need to come back at 100%, Pavs. In fact, why not take the time to come back at 200% or 300%?

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I don't like to see Pav hurt. But to my way of thinking, if the Jets were going to get hit with an injury, this is probably the one that we are most able to adjust to.

Sure is a good thing Mark Stuart is so tough and would never get injured in a million years.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
On a personal level, it sucks that he`s hurt. I hope -and I mean this with all sincerity- that his personal life after hockey isn`t affected by this in any way.

But from a Jets fan perspective? He's sub 910 again this year, career sub 910, and an anchor on this team. If this means Hellebuyck comes in and is the goaltender we're all hoping for, this can finally be the tipping point when we can get away from the leagues worst starting goaltender for the last 6 years. And please don't redact or interpret my post as me being joyful he's hurt. I'm thrilled Connor is playing, full stop.

Yeah this about sums my thoughts up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad