Injury Report: Ondrej Pavelec reportedly left MTSC on crutches (MOD Warning post #26) (Update)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
For Pav: could be precautionary, but I doubt it. Bad collision, and he went into the net pretty awkwardly. :(

Hellebuyck to the Jets, Comrie gets more time in net with the Moose, and we recall Jusi from the ECHL (I think that's where he is right now, yes?)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
MCL sprain seems plausible. Don't know how he would've been able to continue if it was a tear.

Someone I know explained it like this:

All sprains are ligament tears, the terms are used largely interchangeably by most people outside the medical profession.

First degree is generally relatively minor, surface fibers on ligaments.

Second degree obviously more serious, but not a complete tearing of the fibers.

Third degree ligament go *poof* and now you have two ligaments that used to be one.

Take it for what it's worth, I'm not a medical professional. Crutches could be any one of them, though I'd be surprised if it was third degree, I don't think they'd want him on it at all if that was the case. Second degree though for a goaltender could have him on IR for weeks.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He shouldn't have tried to finish out the period. Playing that extra 5 minutes wasn't smart.

It could however mean that thinks aren't as bad as some here suggest.

If he's out for a week, Jets play back to back games next weekend (Friday/Saturday), so that would likely be the first scheduled appearance of Hellebuyck.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Bad for Pavs, Doan shouldn't have done that.
Cayotes fan celebrate their team action against Wheeler.
Doan's hit he could have stopped. He apologized though.

I guess Doan always plays with an Edge. He seems to like playing against the Jets

I think Jagr, Doan and Iginla as JETS 4th line in the playoff would be fun to watch :)

What JETS needs to make it a good run is for

PAVELEC playing Great
Hellybuyck playing Great
Hutchinson playing Great
Comrie playing Great

good scenerio to have.. lots of option

White Out 403*

I hope Ondrej has a speedy recovery and this doesn't effect his after hockey life,

I also hope that's the last time I see him in a Jets jersey because Hellebuyck is so amazing.

Derfel*

He shouldn't have tried to finish out the period. Playing that extra 5 minutes wasn't smart.

It could however mean that thinks aren't as bad as some here suggest.

If he's out for a week, Jets play back to back games next weekend (Friday/Saturday), so that would likely be the first scheduled appearance of Hellebuyck.

Tried to play through the pain, I guess. He did his job after that anyways. Good on him.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I hope Ondrej has a speedy recovery and this doesn't effect his after hockey life,

I also hope that's the last time I see him in a Jets jersey because Hellebuyck is so amazing.

Pavs still can be a good back up to Helly for 2 years :D, until Comrie is up.:handclap:

I feel bad for Hutchinson now by saying all that :(. BUT he had his chance last year to de throne Pavelec and again this year. :rant: and he is not doing it.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I want to see Helly play too but not because of injury but because Hutch or Helly are playing so much better . Pavelec was playing better as of late .

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Crap.....my barbers cousins uncles gardeners gardener told him snow was gonna sign off on the hamonic for pav trade after the game tonight!!!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
For Pav: could be precautionary, but I doubt it. Bad collision, and he went into the net pretty awkwardly. :(

Hellebuyck to the Jets, Comrie gets more time in net with the Moose, and we recall Jusi from the ECHL (I think that's where he is right now, yes?)

Love your last paragraph except for Jussi to the Moose. The only thing keeping the Moose competitive is goaltending and I think Jussi provides the Moose the same level of goaltending that Lindback provided the Yotes tonight (ie. not a lot)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Crap.....my barbers cousins uncles gardeners gardener told him snow was gonna sign off on the hamonic for pav trade after the game tonight!!!

Please vet with a mod first!

(sarcasm in case you hadn't noticed)

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Keeping Pavelec's injury completely out of the conversation Derfel, are you looking forward to seeing Hellebuyck get his chance?

Derfel*

Keeping Pavelec's injury completely out of the conversation Derfel, are you looking forward to seeing Hellebuyck get his chance?

In a perfect world he'd get more time with the Moose, but I guess it will be nice to see what he is capable of, IF he even plays a game. Hutch is still healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->