Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm sure getting back from a concussion and not playing for 2-3 weeks could be a reason for the continued rust or so.

I'm not worried. I've liked what I've seen from him.

I agree. And I can certainly understand why getting concussions have been a problem for him, he seems to crouch low over his stick. I think he needs to stand a little straighter when he skates.

Reactions: Grimey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'm sure getting back from a concussion and not playing for 2-3 weeks could be a reason for the continued rust or so.

He has 1 assist, 9 shots and 4 hits in a half dozen games. I can understand the first part, but how is it possible that you like what you've seen from him so far?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He has 1 assist, 9 shots and 4 hits in a half dozen games. I can understand the first part, but how is it possible that you like what you've seen from him so far?

not going to cut it in the top 6. I'd just prefer to see Debrusk Krejci and Kuhlman if thats all they have. If Kase needs time, put him on the 3rd line. More important Debrusk gets going too who has 1 point in 14 games

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I've liked his effort and involvement in every game. The committment and the tools are there and visible. Once he settles in, he'll be fine. I'd be far more concerned if he was dragging out there, or playing disinterestedly.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Add moving to the other side of the country and learning a new system as well. Mojo and Coyle didn't look that great for the remainder of last season, but they played an integral part in the Bruins' playoff run. Kase looks good out there, he just needs to put it together.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Cassidy should give Kase some more time on the top line. I certainly don't see him individually as a first line talent but he's clearly got some skills and can hang with the top guys, and if anyone can help him re-find his touch it's Bergeron.

Stick Pasta on the 2nd line with Krej as they did against the Flyers and put Bjork or Ritchie on the left, and hopefully that gives you 2 lines that pack a proper scoring threat, plus the Coyle-DeBrusk combo should only continue to get better.

Start with that, and Cassidy can always go back to the 'classic' top line combo if there is need at any point during a game.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
To me a player with 7 goals on the season is a 3rd or 4th liner. Due to severe lack of options kase finds himself on the 2nd line.

Last edited:

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
He's tenacious on the puck, good defensively and has displayed some nice skill.

Similarly with Coyle, you had to watch him to appreciate what he brought when the points weren't there. Coyle had only 2 goals and 4 assists before the playoffs. You can even go back to Peverley and Kelly in 2011 notching only 7 (?) points each to finish the regular season, but getting around 12-13 points each in the playoffs while keeping the puck away from their own end.

Kase reminds me a bit of DeBrusk but a little more responsible away from the puck. I think he'll be fine, but people should realize there are a lot more to trades than just packing your shit up and playing for a new team. Some players catch fire right away, some take some time, and some don't work. Some even start off scoring at a 2.0 PPG rate, only to fall off a cliff entirely (Spooner). I'm leaning more towards both Kase and Ritchie taking time, but I could also be completely wrong about it.

Reactions: BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Both Kase and Ritchie need some time to gel. Bruce's demanding system and musical chairs with lines cannot be super easy for new guys to immediately pick up. As long as they produce in the playoffs I'll be happy. Main thing that worries me about Kase is how stupid he is when it comes to protecting himself. It drives me nuts that he bends at the waist near the boards, with the top of his head facing the boards. Dude is begging to get injured on a nightly basis. Why the hell does he put himself in so many vulnerable spots? It's baffling that he has played in the NHL this long and it has not been corrected.

Reactions: BMC

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Ironic that people are saying he's not good enough to play on the second line with DK, yet they're okay suggesting Kase stay on the top line so Pasta can try to get Krejci going. Literally f***ing batshit crazy...:laugh:

in all seriousness, it seems like bruce is getting a read on kase on line 1 for when
he needs to split up that top line in the playoffs occasionally. with heinen gone,
he doesn't have another option, so kase is the best bet. that's one of the things
that heinen did bring the table - versatility and the ability to play on that line and
not hurt them. i like what i've seen from kase, aside from the stats.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
in all seriousness, it seems like bruce is getting a read on kase on line 1 for when
he needs to split up that top line in the playoffs occasionally. with heinen gone,
he doesn't have another option, so kase is the best bet. that's one of the things
that heinen did bring the table - versatility and the ability to play on that line and
not hurt them. i like what i've seen from kase, aside from the stats.
We almost “have to” split up the Perfection Line and just call it the “Nearly Perfect” line at this point since we’re probably not going to get far into the playoffs 5x5 with being an “easy to defend” one line team again.

While it would be beautiful to create the “Czeching Line” of 88-46-28,

63-37-28
88-46-74

might work better

Reactions: neelynugs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

he is fast. He is defensively aware. He plays the game right. So far he has been decent. Aside from point production I think we have our selves a speedy guy who will probably score 15-20 goals next year. To the eye he seems pretty good.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Doesn’t look like Neely is very happy with Kase since joining the team. Obviously some of it out of Kase control, but he didn’t look good during his short stint and now him being held out isn’t helping.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Doesn’t look like Neely is very happy with Kase since joining the team. Obviously some of it out of Kase control, but he didn’t look good during his short stint and now him being held out isn’t helping.

Any official word on why he’s out? I’m assuming because he practiced with Pastrnak & he’s on sorta quarantine?

I’d have to think Kase will need to make an immediate impact once postseason play starts or he will be replaced with someone dependable. Not sure the team is the depth to replace Kase though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad