GDT: Once Upon a Time...In Newark - Red Wings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Before Hynes was fired, Severson was averaging 21:29 per game, with 30 shots and 5 points in 26 games.

Since, his ice time has jumped to 23:36 a game, and he has 62 shots to go with 18 points in 30 games.

Severson was always a whipping boy of Hynes'. Between this and how good he's looked at the Worlds, might be we'll see this side of Damon more consistently going forward.
Hope it's a new day for Damon.

And I hope we get a new coach that utilizes his ability better

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Before Hynes was fired, Severson was averaging 21:29 per game, with 30 shots and 5 points in 26 games.

Since, his ice time has jumped to 23:36 a game, and he has 62 shots to go with 18 points in 30 games.

Severson was always a whipping boy of Hynes'. Between this and how good he's looked at the Worlds, might be we'll see this side of Damon more consistently going forward.
And it's about damn time he plays this many minutes.

We need to see what we have in him as far as those big minutes go.

We know what we have in Greene, the 10th oldest player in the entire league and (at least he should be) on the way out.

For what it's worth, he did play big(ger) minutes down the stretch last year and played his best hockey of the year last season during that time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That is the first time I have ever heard Greene call their play garbage. Said their first period was garbage.
I feel like he wouldn't do that on-camera or on-record after a loss. Just not his style.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

Hynes is miserable. The fact that he had a job here for over 4 years was easily one of the most frustrating things I’ve ever experienced following this team. It’s absolutely no surprise that any player would be performing better under a different coach.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

Blackwood and Severson at the moment.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I've said it before and I'll say it again, people act like Lou left the Devils in the worst shape ever of any team anywhere, that pales in comparison to the nuclear bomb Holland set in Detroit on the way out.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
the composure this team has without hynes/hall is very impressive. once hischier comes back they will be a solid opponent night in/night out. now they just need to fix the 2nd goalie sitch.

hughes is still not thinking the game at the nhl level. his hockey skills are otherworldly though. once it clicks hes going to be a PPG player easily.

Reactions: Dialamo

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
hughes is still not thinking the game at the nhl level. his hockey skills are otherworldly though. once it clicks hes going to be a PPG player easily.
Yep, we need to be patient and give Hughes some time. I have no doubt he will be a 70+ point center at the bare minimum.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Yep, we need to be patient and give Hughes some time. I have no doubt he will be a 70+ point center at the bare minimum.

You can tell he was the best played in his age group by far. And he's now not close to the best hockey player but has top 0.1% potential. It's going to be a transition to think the game to maximize his god given abilities but its going to click then pop off.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I've said it before and I'll say it again, people act like Lou left the Devils in the worst shape ever of any team anywhere, that pales in comparison to the nuclear bomb Holland set in Detroit on the way out.

It was really bad, but yeah Holland nuked that team on the way out. They haven’t had any lotto luck either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
the composure this team has without hynes/hall is very impressive. once hischier comes back they will be a solid opponent night in/night out. now they just need to fix the 2nd goalie sitch.

Not thinking at a NHL level and a lack of man strength is definitely holding him back.

This was a rough life lesson of a season for him, but it will benefit him a lot because he will go into the offseason knowing exactly what he needs to work on. Something he would not have gotten with a year in a lesser league where he would have easily dominated again.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Forgot Abdelkader even existed and just now noticed he has 3 points in 42 games. I remember when he was getting picked for Team USA at the World Cup of hockey in 2016 over Phil Kessel. Palmieri eventually made that team as a replacement for somebody that couldn’t make it to play, but Abdelkader was even picked before him. He was always a criminally overrated player, but not the worst in the league.

3 years left on his stupid contract.

Reactions: Blackjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad