GDT: Once Upon a Time...In Newark - Red Wings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
That Zacha Wood combo is magic for whatever reason.

I've been saying that all year, and it really annoys me that they keep being broken up.

It even extends beyond their chemistry. It seems to perk up their play for the entire game even when they're not on the ice together like on the PP.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blackwood on a 117 point streak over his last 16 games and a 95 point pace for the year.

Yet our backups are on pace for 39 points over an 82 game season #sigh.
Just because I haven't said it yet today, Domingue and Schneider are the worst goalie in the NHL, depending on which one happens to be up at the current moment.

Especially now with Hutchinson being waived today. There's one goalie worse than them that's out of the league, just like Schneider is now out also.

And if Domingue has another terrifyingly bad game tomorrow night in Raleigh, I'm pretty sure he'll be out and waived the next day and Cory will be back up again.

I'm actually shocked that He wasn't on waivers on Wednesday afternoon after the Panthers game. I think they'd really like to not bring Cory back because we've tried that to the point of insanity, but I don't think they'll let Domingue keep embarrassing us and embarrassing himself if he has another real stinker before he puts together at least one good game before that.

And while Cory has embarrassed us and himself plenty, he hasn't done it in 4 weeks now, while Domingue has.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Just sit Blackwood tomorrow.

He doesn't need to play two nights in a row during a long ago lost season.

Just roll out Domingue and hope for the best.

He stopped the last 18 or 19 shots he faced last game!:sarcasm:
3p55xc.jpg

Reactions: Bleedred

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I've been saying that all year, and it really annoys me that they keep being broken up.

It even extends beyond their chemistry. It seems to perk up their play for the entire game even when they're not on the ice together like on the PP.
I think when Nico is back they should put Jack on his wing with Palms and then have Bratt-Zacha-Wood as the third line. Jack and Bratt seem to be similar pass first type players.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So do we still need to find a starter goalie or has that finally been put to bed for good?
I'd still bring in a 1b for next season. A guy that can give 35/40 solid games would not only be insurance, I think it's the right thing to do for Blackwood.

That said, Blackwood and right now Severson are the only two things that give me any amount of hope for the future.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'd still bring in a 1b for next season. A guy that can give 35/40 solid games would not only be insurance, I think it's the right thing to do for Blackwood.

That said, Blackwood and right now Severson are the only two things that give me any amount of hope for the future.

Since everything you said is an opinion no one can objectively say you are wrong but why you carve out some extreme territory for yourself like this seems forced. Ther may only be one poster still beating the Blackwood stinks drum but Severson is the only other hope for the future? You criticize Nico as a good but not great player and you have concerns about HUGHES’ ceiling because of his struggles this year but Sevs is your hope for the future? I’ll venture a guess you are in a very small group advocating that. I like Sevs and I’m glad he’s showing improvement this season. I agree he can be part of the future in NJ but I’m not seeing him as the driving force to push the franchise forward. Again these are opinions and I won’t say you are wrong of course that means no one else is wrong either when they disagree with you.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait. You don't give Nico enough credit. I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait. I will not take the bait.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Since everything you said is an opinion no one can objectively say you are wrong but why you carve out some extreme territory for yourself like this seems forced. Ther may only be one poster still beating the Blackwood stinks drum but Severson is the only other hope for the future? You criticize Nico as a good but not great player and you have concerns about HUGHES’ ceiling because of his struggles this year but Sevs is your hope for the future? I’ll venture a guess you are in a very small group advocating that. I like Sevs and I’m glad he’s showing improvement this season. I agree he can be part of the future in NJ but I’m not seeing him as the driving force to push the franchise forward. Again these are opinions and I won’t say you are wrong of course that means no one else is wrong either when they disagree with you.
There are tons of good forwards in this league...of course you need to have a few to be successful...but the scarcity of 50/60 point forward vs a true top pairing Defenseman are not in the same universe in my opinion...3 50 point forwards aren't worth 1 25 minute a night 40 point Defenseman. That Defenseman moves the proverbial needle in my opinion...a 60 point center doesn't... that's not say that players isn't needed or even important as we saw a rubber O ring was pretty important element in the space shuttle...but really the entire point is potential for an elite performance. Who has the potential to be one of the best at his position in the league...those are the type of players that give me hope. There are over 30 players in the league right now with 50 or more points and less than 60 games played...a 50/60 point forward
is not a scarce commodity in this league....there are only 5 Dmen in the entire league averaging over 25 minutes a night...see where I'm going?

That is my frame of mind...that is how I came to that statement

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad