Dreger: On TSN Overdirve: Evander is looking to get paid and McDavid is pushing the Oilers to re-sign him.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since he's filed for bankruptcy, he's legally protected from creditors. They can no longer come after him for money, can no longer deal with him directly, nor have his wages garnished automatically. He'll enter a deal to pay "some" of it back and some of it might even be wiped clean. It might even benefit him that he's got sole custody of his kid. I believe bankruptcy laws in Canada are even more lenient.

Either way, despite his money issues, it's not like this dude is going to have $5 in his bank account to work with no matter what contract he gets.

His bankruptcy case is going to be deiced where he filed it not where hes playing. I believe its being done in California.

It also depends which type he filed for.

He's a goal scoring power forward who's outscoring Draisaitl in the playoffs, I think a team looking for playoff success will sign him to a 5x8 or 7x7

I've been assured by Edmonton fans that playing with McDavid definitely does not affect your scoring numbers at all

Honestly he's 31 so I'm not sure teams will commit that many years especially given his far from sterling reputation.

DraiInSeiderKuch

May 5, 2022
He's a goal scoring power forward who's outscoring Draisaitl in the playoffs, I think a team looking for playoff success will sign him to a 5x8 or 7x7

I've been assured by Edmonton fans that playing with McDavid definitely does not affect your scoring numbers at all
He's outscoring everyone in the NHL in the playoffs..
Drai has been hurt otherwise who knows if he would be leading.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
He's outscoring everyone in the NHL in the playoffs..
Drai has been hurt otherwise who knows if he would be leading.
This is the best Draisaitl has ever done in the playoffs.

But no doubt, every single player is playing hurt right now, it's the NHL playoffs. They all have injuries. But yeah, what Kane is doing is impressive. Before I said 7-8 million for 5-7 years, but I could see a team really desperate for playoff success to offer something like 9-10 million per, more short term. Hard to say.

DraiInSeiderKuch

May 5, 2022

But no doubt, every single player is playing hurt right now, it's the NHL playoffs. They all have injuries. But yeah, what Kane is doing is impressive. Before I said 7-8 million for 5-7 years, but I could see a team really desperate for playoff success to offer something like 9-10 million per, more short term. Hard to say.
?

DraiInSeiderKuch

May 5, 2022

Drai was around 1.5ppg his first playoffs and played very well.

He is like 3rd in PPG for players who played over 20 games behind only MacKinnon and Kuch wtf you talking about.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
This has Lucic 2.0 written all over it.

IMG_0903.jpg

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
McDavid is nuts if he wants to keep him on the Oilers.

If the Oilers keep him, McDavid gets traded, and after that the Oilers find themselves back in the basement.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Darren Dreger radio hit on TSN overdirve on Thursday. It was only a 20 minute segment. It's on their website.
Dreger speculates a ton so I don't know if he has any sources on this, but it's pretty much common sense to think that McDavid, a guy lacking winger support for most of his NHL career, would push for his team to extend a sniping physical winger who has done nothing but produce while they play together.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
His bankruptcy case is going to be deiced where he filed it not where hes playing. I believe its being done in California.

It also depends which type he filed for.

Honestly he's 31 so I'm not sure teams will commit that many years especially given his far from sterling reputation.
When it comes to bankruptcy, if he plays in Canada, can his creditors even do anything? Honest question as I have no idea how enforcing bankruptcy stuff in the US would affect his situation while playing in Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad