Dreger: On TSN Overdirve: Evander is looking to get paid and McDavid is pushing the Oilers to re-sign him.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Was just said about 5 minutes ago. Kane has been outstanding for the Oilers, and they will have some cap space opening up. What could a deal look like here after being really good in the playoffs?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I still think they need 1 more forward beyond him but yeah he's worked wonders on that team and they probably should sign him.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Depends on what his definition of "getting paid" is. No one is going to offer 30 year old Kane some massive long-term contract. That's the kind of contract players get in their late 20s; Kane signed that contract and blew it. If Kane wants something more reasonable, like 3-4 years and 5ish million, the Oilers should definitely consider it.

Kane should also make it clear, for bargaining purposes, that he's not going to re-sign for 1-2 years for sub $3 million either, and that may be what he's doing with this posturing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I still think they need 1 more forward beyond him but yeah he's worked wonders on that team and they probably should sign him.

With him it’s going to be tough cap wise.
Nurses new contract will kick and Pulju will get a raise

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
His numbers will fall off a cliff if he inks a long-term deal.
Probably not. He was good his last year in San Jose.

More likely that once they’ve had him a couple years, they realize like Winnipeg and Buffalo and San Jose did that he seriously lacks character and brings negative drama with him.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
Best signing of this year, next year doubt he will be quite as good but if he signs oilers are a top team in the west.

Should be a fun season.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He is getting at least $6 I would think..

Probably but that's a mistake for whoever does it I think.

At this point he's way too much of a flight risk IMO with all the off ice antics.

At least for a deal with any sort of term. I could see a 1 year deal but if he's getting any sort of term, even just 2-3 years and I don't think he should get more than like ~4M or else it's too much risk

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I APOLOGIZE FOR INSINUATING THAT KANE DIDNT FOCUS ON PREPARING FOR THIS GAME. (Post #2)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- He definitely showed up to play and I realize now that he's quite good at multitasking. You know, prepping for the game, scoring goals, making a bet between periods, etc. etc. he really can do it all.

DisbeliefInDW

May 12, 2021
What did the last team that he played for get for him when they traded him? I forgot. They must've got a haul, cause he's a hell of a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad