Dreger: On TSN Overdirve: Evander is looking to get paid and McDavid is pushing the Oilers to re-sign him.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Kane's future creditors hearing this news.

37u3g1.jpg

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The guy has 7 goals in 6 playoff games.
Also, came out flying and had a great season.

Yet, Oilers fans are still shitting on him?
You guys realize the oilers would have been swept without him?
The guy deserves at least 6 mill.

I mean, playing with guys like McDavid & LD will help with that.

Kane needs a lucrative deal one way or the other to pay off his creditors. At his age its likely the last time he'll have that opportunity and in his case he needs it more than most.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I might be behind the news here, but didn't the arbiter delay determination on the ruling over Kane and the Sharks terminating his contract? Kane might still get his $7 Million per year from San Jose.

It is possible if the above scenario occurs Kane signs in Edmonton for less than he could elsewhere, but I am not his agent so I don't know what he is going to do.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
He's a goal scoring power forward who's outscoring Draisaitl in the playoffs, I think a team looking for playoff success will sign him to a 5x8 or 7x7

Kane needs a lucrative deal one way or the other to pay off his creditors. At his age its likely the last time he'll have that opportunity and in his case he needs it more than most.
I've been assured by Edmonton fans that playing with McDavid definitely does not affect your scoring numbers at all

Reactions: Voight

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure he's a problem for the Kings right now.

He is, but there aren’t many teams in the playoffs that wouldn’t be giving the Kings problems, so it’s kind of a moot point. He’s a good player, I just don’t want the headache on my team.

Reactions: Guitpik

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Was just said about 5 minutes ago. Kane has been outstanding for the Oilers, and they will have some cap space opening up. What could a deal look like here after being really good in the playoffs?
I don't care if McDavid is pushing for Kane , The Oilers need to stop letting players dictate the players they want on the team . Last year it was Keith , Against Winnipeg it was McDavid yelling at Puljujarvi and 2 shifts later McDavid made a bigger f*** up . McDavid needs to shut up and play his best . Maybe he doesn't trust Holland to build a team but that is besides the point .

I like to keep Kane but 3 max years at 5.5 . Can't trust him long term to stay out of trouble .

As for cap we have very little for RFA that will be looking for raises . Nurse new deal kicking in and we are probably stuck running Smith and Skinner in net due to cap restraints

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
His numbers will fall off a cliff if he inks a long-term deal.
not sure if true, he has always had good numbers IMO...it's the off ice stuff.
Edmonton would be wise in signing him to a deal no longer than 4 years, but 2 to 3 should be what they are after.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since he's filed for bankruptcy, he's legally protected from creditors. They can no longer come after him for money, can no longer deal with him directly, nor have his wages garnished automatically. He'll enter a deal to pay "some" of it back and some of it might even be wiped clean. It might even benefit him that he's got sole custody of his kid. I believe bankruptcy laws in Canada are even more lenient.

Either way, despite his money issues, it's not like this dude is going to have $5 in his bank account to work with no matter what contract he gets.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If Kane is willing to gamble on himself on a string of 1 year deals he could probably get a team to sign him for around 6-7 million but then he wouldn't have the luxury of having McDrai as his centers. If he likes Edmonton and wants some long term security then he probably has to accept between 4-5 million for 4/5 years.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
As much as Kane has been a great fit in Edmonton, I still feel like it would be short-sighted for Edmonton to re-sign him.

They already made a substantial commitment to Hymen. I don’t know if giving another long term deal to a 30-year old Kane is the right decision.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
After signing Nurse to an absolutely crippling contract, why not back it up with another gem.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
After signing Nurse to an absolutely crippling contract, why not back it up with another gem.
I think Kane will be a decent value contract. I don't know if Edmonton can afford him though.

That said, Edmonton's top six depth with him could be incredible, as long as McLeod can grow to be a solid 3C.
Kane - McDavid - Yamamoto
Nuge - Draisaitl - Hyman

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I very much doubt it got out that McD was pushing to resign him. I very much doubt Dreger would out that out there. Can we get a source for this supposed rumor?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I very much doubt it got out that McD was pushing to resign him. I very much doubt Dreger would out that out there. Can we get a source for this supposed rumor?

Darren Dreger radio hit on TSN overdirve on Thursday. It was only a 20 minute segment. It's on their website.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Darren Dreger radio hit on TSN overdirve on Thursday. It was only a 20 minute segment. It's on their website.
Oh I’m sure he speculated and talked about it. Without a direct quote who knows if this is a rumor or speculation. Sorry not taking OPs second hand info. For all we know Dreger said something like “with how Kane has performed, you’d have to THINK Connor would want him back next year and bla bla bla”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad