Dreger: on TSN 1050: "An NHL GM told me that Matthews won't sign for a dollar less than what McDavid got"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If that is true, fans of the league can collectively breathe a sigh of relief into the sunset and eventual graves knowing the leafs will not have won another cup.

11 for Tavares and 12.5 for Matty boiiii lmao.
giphy.gif

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Everyone knows you are one of the worst fans on here for extreme hyperbole. Maybe you don't completely make stuff up but your over top exaggeration, to make a point, is sometimes amazing.

Again, Elliot Friedman is one of the most highly respected journalists out there, and by everyone, except you obviously.
Hmm, my Like to Post ratio says otherwise.
Yeah Elliot Friedman so respected, how was the offersheet to the Leafs that he reported is 100% done?

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Just how if it were McDavid in some alternate reality, we would pay 15m for him because we can only offer 7 years. That's the cost of poaching a player at the expense to him of an important contract year.
Yes but, Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Lets face it, if he wanted to stay it would be done by now. Mcdavid, Eichel, actually which first over pick hasn’t signed an extension with a yr to go??
Obviously something fishy going on in Toronto, with Lamorello leaving and Hunter . My bet is the Matthews wants out. And there was disagreements of how to handle it.

If not why bring in Taveres?? Just my 2cents.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
People mentioning the offer sheet potential. Sure thing offer sheet it up and give us 4x 1st rounders. No problemo we can take that and run now that we got JT.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
I would imagine that he’s going to get the JT contract at a minimum. More likely 8 years 96m
Yeah, sounds like a good decision. Tie up 22-23 Million on a 60 point player and another who is 28 at season start and heading downward in his career. Just have to give Nylander the softest, no show in the playoffs player in the NHL 7+ a year to complete the trifecta of terrible contracts.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
A western conference GM mentions this.

Don't understand how that's news. Maybe Dreger needs some hits.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Lets face it, if he wanted to stay it would be done by now. Mcdavid, Eichel, actually which first over pick hasn’t signed an extension with a yr to go??
Obviously something fishy going on in Toronto, with Lamorello leaving and Hunter . My bet is the Matthews wants out. And there was disagreements of how to handle it.

If not why bring in Taveres?? Just my 2cents.
That actually is a good question. Which is the last 1st overall to not sign an extension drafted before him? Yak?

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
So this is tampering right? If there is another GM out there that knows this for 100% sure, then he's discussed contract with Matthews or his agent.

Reactions: Critical91

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
The garbage click bait from Friedman and Dreger this summer has been absolutely pathetic.
What do you mean? According to Leaf fans on this thread Friedman is the most respected person in hockey and would never do that.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
lol oh ffs ok ok. Look, we poached the player and paid the price. It cost JT that 8th year. We paid for it and the value is sound.
Value... Eh, not a fan of his contract considering age ect. Like, did they really need him? With Matthews as #1 and Kadri a good #2? Rather spend some of it on a Defensive Dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad