Dreger: on TSN 1050: "An NHL GM told me that Matthews won't sign for a dollar less than what McDavid got"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What do you mean? According to Leaf fans on this thread Friedman is the most respected person in hockey and would never do that.

Lol well, I guess if they consider his reporting on the Karlsson situation accurate then Dreger must be dead on here then too.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Here's a thought, let's just wait and see....................lock er up, and wait a few months, until the contract offer comes in, and then everyone can have their $hit$how!!

Reactions: Tall Morty

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I don't believe it at all. Just wishful fans, and maybe a wishful GM. As an Oiler fan I'm used to reading stories about GMs being resentful about the Oilers (one eastern GM in particular), and I'd imagine some feel resentment towards the Leafs after they poached a major player from another team

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Here's a thought, let's just wait and see....................lock er up, and wait a few months, until the contract offer comes in, and then everyone can have their $hit$how!!
Who made you the authority of what gets locked and stays without being a mod? Kind of narcissistic don't you think?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
You really got us there mate. lmao
giphy.gif

You're trying waaaay too hard

Reactions: RCS

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Anything is possible. I don't understand why people laugh things off. [mod] Just like when Tavares would never sign here....

Last edited by a moderator:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Value... Eh, not a fan of his contract considering age ect. Like, did they really need him? With Matthews as #1 and Kadri a good #2? Rather spend some of it on a Defensive Dman.

Where do you get that kind of value for nothing? We just paid him as if he were our own from the start. If it were a defender we would try to do the same but if not, we have to trade for them. Free asset with value is a free asset with value, needed or not. We could trade Kadri though and probably do quite well with his contract as it stands.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Lol. 1 Million per 5 points seems pretty excessive no?

You can't go around proclaiming he's one of the top 5-10 best players in the league then decide not to pay him.

He probably sells $20-30 million in jersey sales alone worldwide. If I were him I'm certainly not signing less than Eichel and I'd would ask more than Tavares.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So, a GM offered a media member a free steak. It's his money. Why do we need 11 pages?

Feb 24, 2017
Just how if it were McDavid in some alternate reality, we would pay 15m for him because we can only offer 7 years. That's the cost of poaching a player at the expense to him of an important contract year.
I don’t think you know what the word poach means.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Have a snickers man...........you are just not yourself when you are hungry..............geez, grow a sense of humour man....just a bunch of childish behavior on this thread...
I'm allergic to peanuts, you're suggesting me to pass away? Don't assume my gender too okay?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yeah, sounds like a good decision. Tie up 22-23 Million on a 60 point player and another who is 28 at season start and heading downward in his career. Just have to give Nylander the softest, no show in the playoffs player in the NHL 7+ a year to complete the trifecta of terrible contracts.

Personally, I don't think signing JT was a great idea. But I can see the draw in doing so. I just don't see why Matthews would take anything less than what JT got, and almost certainly not less than what Eichel got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad