Dreger: On Jack Campbell: ‘He probably will get $6 million’

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Desperation.

As an Oiler fan, I'm not sure if I'd rather have him at 6M, or take my chances elsewhere because we are so desperate for an NHL goalie.
Nah if we are going to spend 6M, gamble it on Husso. At least he is younger and hasn't hit his ceiling yet. We are also worse defensively than Toronto so we shouldn't be paying this much for a guy that has big issues saving HD shots.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He was sub 0.9 sv% for at least 3 months of play, getting outplayed by Mzarek and Kalgren during that period around February with his play starting to decline around January. It wasn't injuries at the end. It was like halfway through the year he fell off a cliff

I'm not going to convince you so im going to stop, maybe go back and take a look at his gamelogs to see how bad it got.

He was horrible for multiple months. Don't understand how you could argue that to be honest.
You not convincing anyone he isnt worthy of a raise amd a contract. You didn't answer either question...why not ?? Because it clearly proves you wrong. Well the simple answer is all those goalies are currently paid more than Campbell, all posted a lower save percentage and only 2 have won a cup ....you ignored the logic of why his number dipped but couldn't grasp the overall big picture. Campbell will get a raise whether it's Toronto Edmonton Buffalo or somewhere else and you will be proven wrong and I'll be here to remind once he signs!!!

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
You not convincing anyone he isnt worthy of a raise amd a contract. You didn't answer either question...why not ?? Because it clearly proves you wrong. Well the simple answer is all those goalies are currently paid more than Campbell, all posted a lower save percentage and only 2 have won a cup ....you ignored the logic of why his number dipped but couldn't grasp the overall big picture. Campbell will get a raise whether it's Toronto Edmonton Buffalo or somewhere else and you will be proven wrong and I'll be here to remind once he signs!!!
When did I ever say he isn't deserving of a raise and a contract? You may want to go back to my original post and see that I wasn't involved in whatever discussion you are talking about (hence why I'm not responding to those portions). All I said is there is no way he is deserving of 6 million and he isn't.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
When did I ever say he isn't deserving of a raise and a contract? You may want to go back to my original post and see that I wasn't involved in whatever discussion you are talking about (hence why I'm not responding to those portions). All I said is there is no way he is deserving of 6 million and he isn't.
Wrong. Again you failed miserably to answer the questions. If you did , a little light bulb might go off......iam giving you physical NHL kept stats LOL..you know stats???? Again , there are several goalies who posted worst numbers and are currently making more . That's called a market . Campbell had decent # s , inline with others who spoke would call top 10 or 15 goalies in the NHL...so let's understand your logic. So Campbell must outplay his rivals post better numbers while still making considerly less just to be even in value???? LOL....logic you have none. Despite your weak arguments, i didn't even push the factor he was selected to the NHL all star team . ......whew...your dismissed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad