Belevich, Skorenov

Sapego - Solovyov
Kolyachonok - Levshunov
Falkovsky - Yeremenko
Khenkel- Lisovets

Kolosov
Kulbakov
Tolopilo
Skorenov >> Suvorov (I like him, but his career could be ruined by the injury and Skorenov is having an amazing season); Usov is struggling in the AHL, Belevich should be better; also I don't understand how Khenkel can be taken over Bokun.

With that being said I think Slovakia is still a bit stronger, so maybe I'd give 4 out of 10 for Belarus here. Also there is a question mark about Belarus coaching, as currently the head coach is Koltsov, who has almost no head coaching experience.

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Skorenov >> Suvorov (I like him, but his career could be ruined by the injury and Skorenov is having an amazing season); Usov is struggling in the AHL, Belevich should be better; also I don't understand how Khenkel can be taken over Bokun.

With that being said I think Slovakia is still a bit stronger, so maybe I'd give 4 out of 10 for Belarus here. Also there is a question mark about Belarus coaching, as currently the head coach is Koltsov, who has almost no head coaching experience.
A healthy Henkel, preferable to Bokun, let Kvartalnov, who is the head coach, think about the defense, Koltsov simply replaced him at the last tournament, Kvartalnov went home to his family

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
A healthy Henkel, preferable to Bokun, let Kvartalnov, who is the head coach, think about the defense, Koltsov simply replaced him at the last tournament, Kvartalnov went home to his family

Oh, ok, I missed that it was just something temporary. As for Khenkel, the issue is, healthy or not, I just can't remember the last time he was good (maybe in 2021) and Bokun has been one of Torpedo's leaders for a second season in a row now.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You're bringing that loss to GB in your every more or less relevant post on Belarus, be it junior teams or seniors. There also was a win agains Sweden and OT loss to Czechia.
Well it was a must-win game with place at WC at stake, I'd say a pretty significant benchmark. It wasn't just some random game unlike others you mention. You can blame the coach but the fact remains that your starting bargaining position, so to speak, is heavily weakened.

And if we were to accept the fact that 2021 is indeed irrelevant it just plays into Slovakia's favor as their achievements as hockey nation over the last 3 years are much more impressive.

In any case, we seem to agree on the meat part of the post - Slovakia is still a pretty sizeable favorite under any reasonable evaluation. Is it 7 to 3 or 6 to 4 is really a margin one can debate about until the cows come home.

Last edited:

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Pan,
Why explain something to a person who, in all posts where there is Russia and Belarus, he is shitting?
He is of the opinion that Klimovich was taken in the draft because he was featured at the senior world championship, although Latvians use this practice.:DD

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
and doesn't actually matter in a single all or nothing OGQ game. Especially the one that will not happen. Amen.
Also of note, that in the game which Belarus would be able to play, one has to assume Slovak KHLers are as well and just glancing at their stats, it would be pretty significant reinforcements.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Pan,
Why explain something to a person who, in all posts where there is Russia and Belarus, he is shitting?
He is of the opinion that Klimovich was taken in the draft because he was featured at the senior world championship, although Latvians use this practice.:DD
Well if you checked my post history, I was writing up Russian and Belarussian players/prospects since before you were born. Like arguing Sharangovich and Protas will be successful pros, Levshunov is outsnading talent. I was probably firwt person to mention Skorenov on these boards altogether before his Russian adventures even began, etc.

So just because you don't like what I say doesn't mean I have some "shit on everything" agenda you are trying to paint.

What Latvia has to do with any of this I have no idea whatsoever.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You know he's not real Levshunov, do you?
Oh yes, Levshunov is 18 and this guy sounds like he's 10 :sarcasm: On a more serious note, it's just an expression. Like "since Moses wore short pants" or "before the electric light".

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
You will get even better, the grandmaster general himself will provide you with a lineup, im starting with Austria, they might have their best team ever.

M Raffl - Rossi - Kasper
Zwerger - Komarek - Hofer
Haudum - Baumgartner - Schneider
Peeters - Obrist - Rohrer

Wolf - Reinbacher
Heinrich - Zündel
Unterweger - Nickl

Kickert
Madlener
Wraneschitz

Lines might not be spot on, but something similiar

Slovenia, they have what, 300 registred players? Crazy how good of a team they can still field

Drozg - Kopitar - Urbas
Jeglic - Ticar - Sabolic
Verlic - Macuh - Mursak
Török - Maver - Kuralt

Gregorc - Pavlin
Masic - Cosic
Cepon - Podlipnik
Crnovic - Magovac

Kroselj
Pintaric
Kolin

France,

Texier - Da Costa - Bellemare
Fabre - Boudon - Dubé
Bertrand - Leclerc - Addamo
Bozon - Claireaux - Bozon
Rech, Perret, Douay

Auvitu - Guebey
Gallet - Spinozzi
Chakiachvili - Thiry

Papillon
Ylönen
Junca
Love it Ra.. better than Sweden this lot...

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Well at least we have some discussion going here.

Rosters look decent - Is Da Costa still an option for France?

I think Fabio Hofer and Komarek packed it in for Austria.

Shame Belarus aren't in as I would see Kolosov giving them a chance in any game.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
What would you project for a lineup?
It’s so up in the air, as I’m unsure whether the nhl guys will go. I am being less optimistic so I’d guess:

Regenda - Hrivik - Lantosi
Kelemen - Tamasi - Cehlarik
Okuliar - Kollar - Chromiak
Sykora - Demek - Fasko Rudas

Ivan - Mudrak
Koch - Ceresnak
Rosandic - Knazko

Hlavaj

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It’s so up in the air, as I’m unsure whether the nhl guys will go. I am being less optimistic so I’d guess:

Regenda - Hrivik - Lantosi
Kelemen - Tamasi - Cehlarik
Okuliar - Kollar - Chromiak
Sykora - Demek - Fasko Rudas

Ivan - Mudrak
Koch - Ceresnak
Rosandic - Knazko

Hlavaj
Probably still favorites but the margin is smaller than it otherwise would be (sans NHLers).

The Kazakhs and Hungarians should be at full strength. Austria a wildcard and also without reliable goaltending.

Reactions: Antiillafire

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Do NHL guys have a good reason not to go?
I can't speak for the Slovaks but it may come down to risk... if Reinbacher and Kasper come over early to get settled and compete for an NHL spot... you may not see them.

They would have to hope Rossi accepts.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Probably still favorites but the margin is smaller than it otherwise would be (sans NHLers).

The Kazakhs and Hungarians should be at full strength. Austria a wildcard and also without reliable goaltending.
I am not confident at all, the Kazakh team is always a problem. Austria has a very good team and Hungary will be up to stick it to their neighbours to the north.

I see upcoming WC as very much a try out for the Qualifiers. Who deserves a spot? Play into it.

Do NHL guys have a good reason not to go?
Contract for Tatar. I also think Slafkovsky could say no unless Montreal inks him to an 8 year extension this summer. Why risk anything? Anyways he owes Slovak NT nothing, he already gave them a lot. I guess Nemec, Fehy and Cernak could go. Would be nice. As for Ruzicka and Pospisil, Ruzicka is still bitter through Cajkovsky. Pospisil and his brother have both clashed with Ramsey and the federation.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I am not confident at all, the Kazakh team is always a problem. Austria has a very good team and Hungary will be up to stick it to their neighbours to the north.

I see upcoming WC as very much a try out for the Qualifiers. Who deserves a spot? Play into it.

Contract for Tatar. I also think Slafkovsky could say no unless Montreal inks him to an 8 year extension this summer. Why risk anything? Anyways he owes Slovak NT nothing, he already gave them a lot. I guess Nemec, Fehy and Cernak could go. Would be nice. As for Ruzicka and Pospisil, Ruzicka is still bitter through Cajkovsky. Pospisil and his brother have both clashed with Ramsey and the federation.
Those 3 d alone would give them a massive edge here.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Those 3 d alone would give them a massive edge here.
It would be a boost for sure. Keeping the puck out of the net hasn’t been the problem recently in the big tournaments, it’s been scoring. To be honest Tatar will likely be there, I bet he signs a 1-2 year deal.

Looking at he groups, one could argue Austria, Slovakia and Kazakhstan are 3 of the top 5 teams and they are all in the same group. Norway will be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So if all breaks right for Austria, I see this: Mikey Raffl, Hofer and Komarek have all retired from national team duty unless convinced to return. Brian Lebler I am less certain of.

T Raffl - Rossi - Schneider
Zwerger - Kasper - Baumgartner
Haudum - M Huber - Feldner
P Huber- L Thaler - Rohrer
S Peeters - Wukovits - L Wallner
Insert another 5 or 6 that could jump up and claim a spot.

Wolf - Reinbacher
Heinrich - Zündel
Unterweger - Nickl
P Wimmer - D Maier

Kickert
Madlener
Honeckl

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Here is how the French roster should look like. Not necessarily the one I would go with but what French wisdom (I know) would dictate. Lines are my own (there is a reason why I stopped playing manager games).

Texier - Leclerc - Fabre
T. Bozon - Boudon - Dubé
Treille - Claireaux - Perret
Bertrand - Bellemare - Rech
K. Bozon

Auvitu - Gallet
Chakiachvili - Guebey
Spinozzi - Boscq
Thiry

Junca
Ylönen
Papillon

If you have to go through the depth charts to fill holes up, then it would be Keller in the net. On the blueline, Crinon and Llorca are next. Beyond them, I would rather see Bozon gamble on youngsters like Delmas, Eyre or Tournier than some Ligue Magnus guys that never played an IIHF event before. In front, Addamo, Bougro and Simonsen are the obvious ones to call first. Then would come Ritz, Valier, Farnier and Tomasino and maybe Dair and Koudri.

Well at least we have some discussion going here.

Rosters look decent - Is Da Costa still an option for France?

I think Fabio Hofer and Komarek packed it in for Austria.

Shame Belarus aren't in as I would see Kolosov giving them a chance in any game.

Sadly, it is an unequivocal no.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Take off your crown, it's too much for you
Oh I thought I was too generous to you :)
I know you have some very solid players but do you watch also the Slovak ones? in the last 2 years we have bit more talented players than you. Not talking about our solid group of players in NHL/AHL

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Love it Ra.. better than Sweden this lot...
When it comes to the brits, i think they have a decent team, lots of good players in EIHL which is a very underated league, and in some other leagues aswell, they have quite the depth

Lewis Hook
Ciaran Long
Robert Dowd
Ben Lake
Oliver Betteridge
Joshua Waller
Robert Lachowicz
Scott Conway
Johnny Curran
Mike Hammond
Ross Venus
Matthew Myers
Liam Kirk
Cade Neilson
Brett Perlini
Samuel Duggan
Brandon Whistle
Cole Shudra
Sean Norris
Jordan Cownie

Josh Batch
Mark Richardson
David Phillips
Cameron Critchlow
Ben O'Connor
Evan Mosey
Nathanael Halbert
Sam Ruopp
Sam Jones
Joshua Tetlow
Dallas Ehrhardt
David Clements
Joseph Hazeldine

Ben Bowns
Jackson Whistle

Not in any order, too tired right now.

The top 6 with Dowd, Perlini, Kirk, Neilson, Conway and Hammond is quite dangreous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad