Olympics 2026 qualification

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Give Slovakia the place that belongs to them anyway, abolish the group and expand the other two to five teams.
There is no need for that.

Just remove Belarus and let the best 2nd-ranked team qualify.

And I'd like to underline that Russia has not yet been disqualified for the 2026 Olympics, so Slovakia getting a bye into fhe OGs does not make any sense.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Apparently, they've invited Hungary to the Bratislava group.

Slovakia
Kazakhstan
Austria
Hungary

Latvia
France
Slovenia
Ukraine

Denmark
Norway
Great Britain
Japan

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
There is no need for that.

Just remove Belarus and let the best 2nd-ranked team qualify.

And I'd like to underline that Russia has not yet been disqualified for the 2026 Olympics, so Slovakia getting a bye into fhe OGs does not make any sense.
Effectively removing Belarus but not Russia would be an utter joke.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

Slovakia
Kazakhstan
Austria
Hungary

Latvia
France
Slovenia
Ukraine

Denmark
Norway
Great Britain
Japan
I suppose you could do this and still take a lucky loser if Russia get banned but it would be nice to promote Slovakia by the spring to clear this all up. We might see Russia in 2030.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

Slovakia
Kazakhstan
Austria
Hungary

Latvia
France
Slovenia
Ukraine

Denmark
Norway
Great Britain
Japan
I'd also like to see some of the veteran posters here, post what their lineups will look like in late August...... for all 12 countries.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Effectively removing Belarus but not Russia would be an utter joke.
This is for qualification, because they're going season to season, although I agree the decision on the Olympics will need to be made by late 2024 at the latest.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
This is for qualification, because they're going season to season, although I agree the decision on the Olympics will need to be made by late 2024 at the latest.

If Belarus is removed for qualification, then surely they can't even qualify?

Like if the three qualification groups finish, the war miraculously ends and the international community likes Russia and Belarus again all of a sudden, you'd think Belarus is already disqualified as of today.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
If Belarus is removed for qualification, then surely they can't even qualify?

Like if the three qualification groups finish, the war miraculously ends and the international community likes Russia and Belarus again all of a sudden, you'd think Belarus is already disqualified as of today.
Yes, but Russia has not been removed, which is what I was replying to.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
...and therefore could lead to a situation where Belarus is effectively banned from the Olympics and Russia isn't, which would be quite something.
True but Belarus was less likely qualify than not as Slovakia is a tough opponent.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
...and therefore could lead to a situation where Belarus is effectively banned from the Olympics and Russia isn't, which would be quite something.
... yet.

I don't disagree that there's a disparity between telling Belarus now they are not eligible while leaving Russia eligible. I think it's fair to allow that if the situation changes and Russia is welcome back in international team sports, that they have time to reclaim their place in the Olympics.

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Pretty crazy we won bronze but didn’t automatically quality. I understand, still sucks though. Hopefully we will have a healthy team for that time and guys will be committed

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I'd also like to see some of the veteran posters here, post what their lineups will look like in late August...... for all 12 countries.
You will get even better, the grandmaster general himself will provide you with a lineup, im starting with Austria, they might have their best team ever.

M Raffl - Rossi - Kasper
Zwerger - Komarek - Hofer
Haudum - Baumgartner - Schneider
Peeters - Obrist - Rohrer

Wolf - Reinbacher
Heinrich - Zündel
Unterweger - Nickl

Kickert
Madlener
Wraneschitz

Lines might not be spot on, but something similiar

Slovenia, they have what, 300 registred players? Crazy how good of a team they can still field

Drozg - Kopitar - Urbas
Jeglic - Ticar - Sabolic
Verlic - Macuh - Mursak
Török - Maver - Kuralt

Gregorc - Pavlin
Masic - Cosic
Cepon - Podlipnik
Crnovic - Magovac

Kroselj
Pintaric
Kolin

France,

Texier - Da Costa - Bellemare
Fabre - Boudon - Dubé
Bertrand - Leclerc - Addamo
Bozon - Claireaux - Bozon
Rech, Perret, Douay

Auvitu - Guebey
Gallet - Spinozzi
Chakiachvili - Thiry

Papillon
Ylönen
Junca

Last edited:
Reactions: Bijelo

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We have a very strong and balanced team on paper, we could have won against Slovakia.
Protas - Sharangovich - Drozdov
Alistrov - Klimovich - Gorbunov
Prince - Usov - Suvorov
Skorenov - Pinchuk - Moroz

Kolyachonok - Levshunov
Solovyov - Yeryomenko
Kuzmin - Falkovsky

Tolopilo
Kulbakov
Kolosov

Any changes u would make?

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Protas - Sharangovich - Drozdov
Alistrov - Klimovich - Gorbunov
Prince - Usov - Suvorov
Skorenov - Pinchuk - Moroz

Kolyachonok - Levshunov
Solovyov - Yeryomenko
Kuzmin - Falkovsky

Tolopilo
Kulbakov
Kolosov

Any changes u would make?
Prince - Sharangovich - Alistrov
Protas - Pinchuk - Drozdov
Suvorov - Usov - Gorbunov
Martynov - Stas - Moroz
Belevich, Skorenov

Sapego - Solovyov
Kolyachonok - Levshunov
Falkovsky - Yeremenko
Khenkel- Lisovets

Kolosov
Kulbakov
Tolopilo

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Prince - Sharangovich - Alistrov
Protas - Pinchuk - Drozdov
Suvorov - Usov - Gorbunov
Martynov - Stas - Moroz
Belevich, Skorenov

Sapego - Solovyov
Kolyachonok - Levshunov
Falkovsky - Yeremenko
Khenkel- Lisovets

Kolosov
Kulbakov
Tolopilo
Eremenko had an offer from Nashville, he decided to stay in the KHL.
Falkovsky, Suvorov , Alistrov, Sapego also had options in the NHL, Pinchuk and Drozdov could also leave next season.
Kolosov leaves for Philadelphia at the end of the KHL season.
Arizona prospect Vadim Moroz has improved greatly this season

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Eremenko had an offer from Nashville, he decided to stay in the KHL.
Falkovsky, Suvorov , Alistrov, Sapego also had options in the NHL, Pinchuk and Drozdov could also leave next season.
Kolosov leaves for Philadelphia at the end of the KHL season.
Arizona prospect Vadim Moroz has improved greatly this season
Just because somebody gives you 2-way ELC to play for pennies in the AHL, doesn't mean it's "options in the NHL" in any real sense of the word. That's why most players [in that position] choose to stay and receive a real salary in Europe.

Usov, Tolopilo, Solovyov, Kuzmin signed in NA, doesn't mean they came even close to sniffing the NHL, so let's not exagerate here like it means anything.

Also considering your performance in the WC, 3 out of 10 against Slovakia seems like great odds for you, take off your crown and stop feeling entitled for more based on nothing but *magic beans*.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kudla and Eye of Ra

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Just because somebody gives you 2-way ELC to play for pennies in the AHL, doesn't mean it's "options in the NHL" in any real sense of the word. That's why most players choose to stay and receive a real salary in Europe.

Usov, Tolopilo, etc. signed in NA, doesn't mean they came even close to sniffing the NHL, so let's not exagerate here.

Also considering your performance in the WC, 3 out of 10 against Slovakia seems like great odds for you, take off your crown and stop feeling entitled for more based on nothing but *magic beans*.
I have long noticed that you have a special love for Belarus, so keep your “authoritative” shit to yourself. Populist.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I have long noticed that you have a special love for Belarus, so keep your “authoritative” shit to yourself. Populist.
I wouldn't say it's special, that's why I used the very same expression I applied to the Slovaks in a different context.

It's just funny that while you got relegated from the elite in 2021 with pretty much your best possible lineup yet you think in 2024, with pretty minor improvements, you would challenge 8-9th nation in the world with 50/50 odds.

Belarus is getting stronger, nobody is debating that. But your starting position was 15th in the world, losing to GB, with 0 active NHLers, etc. Now you are trying to drum up those minor achievements, like getting people into the AHL or kids drafted at least somewhat regularly, as something major. Well it isn't, at all, when you compare yourself to a country like Slovakia so call me whatever you want but wake up and smell the coffee.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
your starting position was 15th in the world, losing to GB, with 0 active NHLers, etc.
You're bringing that loss to GB in your every more or less relevant post on Belarus, be it junior teams or seniors. There also was a win agains Sweden and OT loss to Czechia. And there was the 2021 Olympics qualification with absolutely even game vs Slovakia. Yes we're less consistent team than Slovakia and I'd agree that in the moment 3/7 or more likely 4/6 odds is quite fair but stop refer to 2021, it's totally irrelevant to whatever you try to prove. The head coach, not the roster, was an issue in that team.

Reactions: Levshunov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad