Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Juolevi can still become a solid top4 dman. He is young enough and got enough talent. Maybe won't be the elite guy we hoped for but he can still become a solid dman. A solid 4th or 5th dman is still important come playoff time.

I know I am being hopeful but he is young. Once he has played more ahl games, and is 22/23 then we can say bust.
He has to stay healthy enough to develop into a solid top 4 AHL defenseman first.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
It’s pretty extreme to say we should put a pitchfork in Juolevi at this point I mean come on what is this an OHL rookie’s party?

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I feel it is more serious than they are leading on. There is no need for all the secrecy (after first making a big deal with announcing it in the first place) if it was minor

Reactions: Jyrki21

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Benning can't control injuries after the draft.

He was a great pick at the time. I forget who it was but another dman was draft I think 7th and it took 4years before he played a game because of injuries. He is now a top4 dman. Not top 2 but still a solid important player. I just can't remember the name of that player

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

He was a great pick at the time. I forget who it was but another dman was draft I think 7th and it took 4years before he played a game because of injuries. He is now a top4 dman. Not top 2 but still a solid important player. I just can't remember the name of that player

why was he a great pick at the time?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Curious if the oilets would trade their unhappy fin for this guy
I've got news for you. Apparently Puljujarvi has already had surgery on both hips.

Oilers and Canucks were basically doomed in that draft....and Calgary is laughing at both teams, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact they're a Pacific Division rival.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

No.

He is a great pick still.

Imagine, jumping to conclusions on a 5th OA pick before he has even played a game in the NHL.

Only once we have seen him play several hundred NHL games will we be able to conclude whether he is a great pick - or the greatest pick ever.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
we needed a dman prospect and he was highly rated.

Some pundits even said future Ohlund.
lol. Ohlund was a SOB when provoked; one of the best NHL shutdown guys with only one good eye. I don't see that in OJ at all. Even a guy like Edler is probably more mean (who threw his weight around once in a while before the NHL gave him a cheap suspension).

Reactions: Cucumber

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
I've got news for you. Apparently Puljujarvi has already had surgery on both hips.

Oilers and Canucks were basically doomed in that draft....and Calgary is laughing at both teams, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact they're a Pacific Division rival.

Imagine how bad it would be if Sam Bennett wasn't a bust...

Reactions: Cucumber

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I'm still really excited to see him play his first NHL game - whenever that will be.

Victor Mete is only 14 GP away from collecting an NHL pension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad