Olli Juolevi makes his NHL debut

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I actually don't know if that's true. It's not like Benn has historically been a fixture in the lineup.

Edler/Schmidt
Hughes/Hamonic
Juolevi/Myers

seems very plausible.

that's pretty much arm chair Canuck fan base roster from the start of the season. Ben should only draw in if there is an injury and so for. Juolevi I think should be regular right now.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Sitting Edler the odd game might actually help him too... He hasn't played great, could be fatigue.. Keeping the older guys fresh this year is important..

I definitely agree that it's important but I really don't know if this team can afford to sit anyone at this point.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
A few months ago, Brian Burke was asked about Yo'levi and he said now that he is fit, he might turn out to be an all star. I assumed Burkie was just blowing smoke or as he used to say it was, " a drug-induced fantasy."

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last month Brian Burke was asked about Yo'levi and he said now that he is fit, he might turn out to be an all star and win a Norris. I assumed Burkie was blowing smoke.

I actually remember a bit of that, Burke was very high on Juolevi, especially before the draft.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
Played 19 minutes last night
All 5on5. Relatively mistake free, with the ice sloped in the Canucks favour. I could see him and Myers being the best 5on5 pairing if they get 10 more games together, and the conversation around them will sound much different.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I thought he was good in the first couple games against Calgary but a total mess last night, and lucky he wasn’t scored on 2-3 times in long disorganized shifts in his own zone. Like I said in the GDT, it’s weird to me that he’s getting props after that game, but he knocked a guy down with a hit so I guess that’s all that matters.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
He wouldn't have been scored on 2-3 times, the 5 guys on the ice would have been. Lucky yeah, they all were, lucky Holtby had a good night. Odd that there are multiple references on this forum to last night's game singling out Myers as having a good game, and others to OJ getting caved in. 5v5, they were together the whole night right.

Reactions: Grumpy1

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He wouldn't have been scored on 2-3 times, the 5 guys on the ice would have been. Lucky yeah, they all were, lucky Holtby had a good night. Odd that there are multiple references on this forum to last night's game singling out Myers as having a good game, and others to OJ getting caved in. 5v5, they were together the whole night right.
That wasn't the same game I was watching..To each their own I guess.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I thought he was good in the first couple games against Calgary but a total mess last night, and lucky he wasn’t scored on 2-3 times in long disorganized shifts in his own zone. Like I said in the GDT, it’s weird to me that he’s getting props after that game, but he knocked a guy down with a hit so I guess that’s all that matters.

You've been a sports fan for how long and still haven't figured out that fans like the loud things?! :D

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Of the 40 shot attempts that occurred while he was on the ice 28 were at our net.
How about Myers ? Jake, Beagle, LE ??
No question OJ was on for a couple of those long Flames OZ possesion shifts. I think the Flames changed 3x on one of those shifts. He was partly responsible, so were all the veterans on the ice with him.

Reactions: sting101

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
How about Myers ? Jake, Beagle, LE ??
No question OJ was on for a couple of those long Flames OZ possesion shifts. I think the Flames changed 3x on one of those shifts. He was partly responsible, so were all the veterans on the ice with him.
This is the OJ thread.

Yes he wasn’t all to blame. You know nobody is actually suggesting that.

He played better in previous games. He wasn’t great last night.

I’m happy he’s doing decently well and finding his feet. It does nobody any good to overstate what is actually happening though.

Reactions: Lonny Bohonos

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
They were largely caved in, but as others pointed out I don't think the failures were the fault of OJ or Myers besides a couple of inaccurate passes and hard clears by Joulevi that forced them to remain on the ice for icing.

They were mostly caved in with the Beagle line. While his 2 wingers had alot of weak clears and turnovers, I think Beagle was the worse player. Just didn't have his legs, which turns him from solid 4th liner to player who get turtled in own end by weak competition.

Reactions: Grantham

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I thought that OJ was playing better lately but last night was a large step back. He was pretty physical which the broadcast loved though

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Juolevi can survive out there paired with Myers, he has to be something right....The thing now, is that he seems to have adjusted to the speed of the game.

Was chasing the play a lot in previous insertions into the lineup. But lately his positioning has been sound. Still not the swiftest skater around, but if he's positionally sound and can read the play, he should be capable being a 5-6 d-man on the depth chart....which is a huge development compared to the expectations for him at the start of the season.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Like I said to mossey in the GDT, the bar is low. He looks like he’s slowly figuring it out and that’s a positive thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad