Olivier Roy

cenas*

Roy is to blame!

laugh2.jpg

The better team won.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Cant play Roy rest of way

He was trash not only in the regular game but also was weak on the final shoout goal by Lander.

He plays small and looks to wilt under pressure.

Sep 19, 2008
Should he start remainder of games for Canada or should backup see more time

Support Roy

I think Canada can still medal with Roy so him in the net the rest of the way

Come on Canada

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Sweden fully deserved to win the game. USA-Canada in the semi-finals should be interesting if Canada can get through the quarterfinal.

BTW, who will they play in quarters?

Tavaresmagicalplay*

It's too short a tournament you can't risk it. He was clearly rattled for a guy who supposedly doesn't get rattled. He's done it's Visentins turn.

cenas*

He was bad enough to be replaced for next game, but he wasn't bad enough to get the blame..

ARS

Apr 26, 2004
Ottawa
This is 3 bad games in a row for Roy now. That would be unacceptable on his junior team, let alone a short tournament like this.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
no, sweden outplayed us but Roy certainly wasnt anywhere close too good.
i dont know why he was the #1 from the start. he looks to fold under pressure and he plays extremely small in the nets

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I told Cameron to start Visentin, but he didn't listen.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Sweden deserved the win and outplayed us but that's unacceptable goaltending by Roy in the game and shootout. Hopefully he doesn't get another start.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
They have to start Visentin. Theres no doubt that this game tape is going around to Canada's opponents. I bet the Sweds watched Roy's other games and knew exactly what type of shots to take. Visentin would at least be an unknown factor.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I told Cameron to start Visentin, but he didn't listen.

(around 1:00)

Yeah he's crap. Lolivier Roy leaves too much net open and is too small. Between him and Dylan Lolsen I don't like our chances.

Anyone think its funny their names are the easiest to 'lol'? :D

weems

Jul 3, 2008
The book is out on Roy. He always goes down

First goal, was shelfed to the glove
slapper from the boards over the right shoulder
celhen goal over the shoulder
Olsen own goal went right over him

I would just always be shooting high on him and funny enough he got schooled in the SO with two shots basically right along the ice.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I almost gurantee that either the Cehlin goal or the slapper from way out that got deflected by Gudbrunnson would have hit Visentin in the chest or shoulder and been no goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad