Olivier Roy

Zaphod

Mar 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
First sign of trouble he's down in a butterfly real small, and he's all kinds of nerve-wracking to watch on rebounds... I really don't understand why he's the guy.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

First sign of trouble he's down in a butterfly real small, and he's all kinds of nerve-wracking to watch on rebounds... I really don't understand why he's the guy.
Well the reason imo is he had so much hype from a young age, he's been to a camp already and he's been a starter since he was 16. He hasn't improved all that much but he's just living off the hype.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Roy is just showing why, for all the hype and all the junior accomplishments, he fell all the way to the 5th round.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
He looks scared to death and ducks on a lot of shots. The players know to go high on him because he goes down so early and plays too far back in the crease.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Great game by the Swedes. Win is totally deserved. But..Olivier Roy..wow. Goes down way too early, looks small, and the book is it out on him, shoot high. Time for Visentin. Also Kassian in the next games will definitely help. But again I will not use any of it as an excuse, Swedes congrats, and I can't wait to meet you guys again in the medal round.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Roy is just showing why, for all the hype and all the junior accomplishments, he fell all the way to the 5th round.

Please. You people are clueless. How'd Jared Cowen do last year? How's he doing this year?

Olivier Roy is having a bad tournament, doesn't mean he's a bad prospect. This kid has been great his whole junior career and was very good at Oilers' camp.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Roy has rebound control issues, if he starts next game he needs to be on a very short leash.

Kenobody

Aug 17, 2007
43.88°N 79.3°W
Didn't we go over this with Tokarski in 2009? Roy was mediocre but the defense in front of him was atrocious.

I think Olivier Roy will start in the Quaterfinals.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Didn't we go over this with Tokarski in 2009? Roy was mediocre but the defense in front of him was atrocious.

I think Olivier Roy will start in the Quaterfinals.

Didn't Tokarski suck in that tournament? That's what I recall at least other than that one save.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Please. You people are clueless. How'd Jared Cowen do last year? How's he doing this year?

Olivier Roy is having a bad tournament, doesn't mean he's a bad prospect. This kid has been great his whole junior career and was very good at Oilers' camp.

Jared Cowen was always a good prospect. He always had that talent. Roy fell because of the exact weaknesses that are being exposed in this tournament. Shots that regular junior forwards can't make, are shots that the best in the world can.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Jared Cowen was always a good prospect. He always had that talent. Roy fell because of the exact weaknesses that are being exposed in this tournament. Shots that regular junior forwards can't make, are shots that the best in the world can.

How good has he been in this tournament though? He just looks OK. He still looks a bit slow just not as slow.

Kenobody

Aug 17, 2007
43.88°N 79.3°W
Didn't Tokarski suck in that tournament? That's what I recall at least other than that one save.

Yeah Tokarski was bad similar to Roy. Also similar to Roy he had bad defense in front of him but was still the starter for team Canada. I think a lot of posters here are throwing Roy under the bus while overlooking how unorganized and sloppy Canada's defense has been.

Denny47

Dec 27, 2010
Ottawa
He better turn it around because Robin Lehner is too good and will be the difference in the Semis...
Go Lehner, him and J-cowen are the best prospects us sens fans can look forward to :nod:

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Short of Visentin breaking off a limb in the next game Roy better have seen his last playing time this tournament.

What possible reason would Cameron have to stick with him now? It was obvious all game and moreso in the shootout that he has no confidence left whatsoever.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
There IS a reason Cameron and his staff picked Roy. For the same reason, they will stick with Roy. They didn't draw his name out of a hat. They didn't say "Meh, put him in, I suppose." They found strengths in Roy's game that Visentin doesn't have, and clearly, judging by the decision from Cameron, Visentin's weaknesses could lose us a game before Roy's could.

Sweden won this game tonight because they played hard for all three periods. Canada played hard for two, and overtime was a complete joke. The better team won tonight, and both 'tenders got torn a new one. Not just Roy. Nor was it completely Roy's fault that we lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->