Player Discussion: Oliver Wahlstrom

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think staying on the Island all summer and training with Matt Martin may have saved Wahlstrom's career. Wahlly may have been in college kid shape before, but he wasn't in pro athlete shape. Now he's in NHL shape. This season Wahlstrom is getting to spots he needs to be at and not getting bodied out of position.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Bust for Bust deals -
Ty Smith for Wahlstrom?
PO Joseph for Wahlstrom?
Podkolzin for Wahlstrom?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I'm fully prepared for him to go on and score 30 with the Blue Jackets or something. It sure as hell isn't going to happen here.
Underrated statement when talking about players finding success elsewhere. I'll be so mad at people if that does happen and they don't recognize it wasn't happening here.

What would you like to see done with Wahlstrom?

What do you think LOU is going to do with Wahlstrom?

Discuss...
I think the kid is cooked here, I think his development stagnated and that's on him. He was given opportunity and didn't do anything with it, I think he also needs to work on skills and spacing to be an every day player and go back to the crash and bang style but it won't be here. I think if we're lucky we can trade him for a 5th rounder somewhere at the draft.

Lou might do that or leave him unsigned to be a FA.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think Lou resigns Wally to a 1 year prove it deal. I’m also not convinced Wally is fully healthy so I wouldn’t mind him coming back on a 1 year deal that could easily be buried.
Didn’t Lou just do a prove it deal? And Lambert and Roy haven’t used him.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What would you like to see done with Wahlstrom?

What do you think LOU is going to do with Wahlstrom?

Discuss...
What I would like to see done with Wahlstrom is the Islanders walk away from him.

What I think Lou will do is make Wahlstrom a QO that he would probably sign.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The ‘18 draft is all over the place in the first round. Be thankful the Isles got Dobson. Wally not making it is on Wally - injury or not. He has the same issues pre-injury that the coaches don’t have the trust in him. So be it.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Neither Ish nor Dufour are NHL players and Maggio is at least a year away. That gives Wally a longer leash.
Just curious why you're shutting the door on Dufour as an NHLer? I still see the tools are there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00