Proposal: Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
lets not pretend AZ is something its not. Now, thats not to diminish how well the team played the 2nd half of the year. Maybe there's finally something there. But its still an arena that is often supported by fans of the visiting team and its also a franchise thats hemorrhaging something like 25m a year since it joined the league

So OEL's performance as a player can only be enjoyed based on the popularity and financial status of the team he is on?

Do you watch only Marvel movies, and listen to only Taylor Swift and Bieber? Because anything else wouldn't be a real movie or a real musician, right?

I guess your Red Wings don't play in a real city since it went bankrupt in 2013. Not just a measley 25 mill a year issue, either, it was an $18 Billion dollar debt. I sure would love for the Wings to play in a real city.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
They gave up Hall to get a second pairing D in Larrson. They will be giving up Drai, or they can hope Klef/Nurse or somebody else in their system magically becomes a #1D. Until then, they won't get far in the playoffs. The Coyotes have the same problem in that they do not have a 1C but have a better shot at getting farther then the Oilers in the playoffs because they might have 3 2C's and a legit 1D. For the Coyotes to get a 1C, it will be painful.

When is that supposed to happen? I don't throw shade on other teams for their playoff performances because Edmonton's record is so abysmal. However if there is one team consistently worse its Arizona.

If you're pinning the return Larsson got for NJD on what OEL is going to get (if he is traded) I think you are headed for disappointment. Draisaitl does not go for OEL. I don't know how many ways to say it. You valuation of your players and your team is way off.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Hall for Larson was market value at the time, same as RYJO for Jones at the time.OEL is better then Jones now and was way better then him when he was traded for RYJO. I understand value very well, talk to me if OEL is traded. If he is traded, a 1D or 1C will be coming back +, not a 3/4D, winger and mid first pick.

This doesn't matter because the chances that he is signing in AZ are 80%+. If he is traded, it won't be to the Oilers because he would refuse to sign there.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about here.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yes, Pronger is a HOFer. Nevertheless, the Oilers haven't had anything close to a 1D in the decade since, so Oilers HFers really have no business dismissing a Top 10-15 D like OEL as "not a 1D."

I'm sorry, but I keep thinking OEL is getting overrated here. Slightly overrated.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
When is that supposed to happen? I don't throw shade on other teams for their playoff performances because Edmonton's record is so abysmal. However if there is one team consistently worse its Arizona.

If you're pinning the return Larsson got for NJD on what OEL is going to get (if he is traded) I think you are headed for disappointment. Draisaitl does not go for OEL. I don't know how many ways to say it. You valuation of your players and your team is way off.
Coyotes were better then the Oilers last 30 games of the year and are an improving team with a way better D core. This year they will be finish ahead of the Oilers.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Yes, Pronger is a HOFer. Nevertheless, the Oilers haven't had anything close to a 1D in the decade since, so Oilers HFers really have no business dismissing a Top 10-15 D like OEL as "not a 1D."
Sheldon Souray was a 1D ...an injury prone 1D.

And we had Ryan Whitney play like a 1D until he had an ankle injury that derailed his career.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Coyotes were better then the Oilers last 30 games of the year and are an improving team with a way better D core. This year they will be finish ahead of the Oilers.
Yet somehow the Oilers were a better team for 52 of the other games than the Coyotes.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
So OEL's performance as a player can only be enjoyed based on the popularity and financial status of the team he is on?
Huh? His ability can be enjoyed anywhere....but thats not what im talking about. I just dont wanna see him or any top level talent become another Barry Sanders.

Do you watch only Marvel movies, and listen to only Taylor Swift and Bieber? Because anything else wouldn't be a real movie or a real musician, right?
Comparing apples to tree stumps here. But since you asked, no....I dont partake in any of the trash mentioned above.

I guess your Red Wings don't play in a real city since it went bankrupt in 2013. Not just a measley 25 mill a year issue, either, it was an $18 Billion dollar debt. I sure would love for the Wings to play in a real city.
Its true, DET was hit very hard economically....but the team continues to do well enough despite that. Now if somewhere down the line, that changes and the team has to be moved because of economic hardship, while it will be sad to see, im not going to complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad