Proposal: Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
OEL looked great playing with Adam Larsson yesterday in the Worlds, and would make a great addition to the Oilers blue line. Is this fair?

:coyotesOscar Klefbom, Jesse Puljujarvi, 2018 1st

:edmontonOliver Ekman-Larsson (Verbal agreement to re-sign), Max Domi

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
No idea why you threw Strome in there, no way the Yotes give up OEL and also cut ties to their high drafted potential franchise centre so early.

Can we redo this thread focusing on OEL.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
No. OEL means more to this team than just his play. He wants to be here, he's our newest natural leader and a great recruiter of talent. He becomes virtually untouchable this offseason when he re-signs long-term accompanied by captaincy.

Also, Domi may have had a rough year (goal scoring-wise, still had a decent year in overall points) but he won't be just a throw-in. He's still part of the core moving forward and will only be moved in a deal for a lateral player or as one of the main pieces for a bigger trade.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't think the difference between OEL and Klefbom is a first round pick and a former 3rd overall in Puljujaarvi. Both those assets will be young and under team control and cap control for a very long time. That should have huge value to a Coyotes team in the midst of a rebuild. That being said an overpay should be expected for a #1 D, but then you look at how Ekman Larsson stuggled defensively last year and you think yeh maybe add Domi to the mix (not Strome!).

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don't think the difference between OEL and Klefbom is a first round pick and a former 3rd overall in Puljujaarvi. Both those assets will be young and under team control and cap control for a very long time. That should have huge value to a Coyotes team in the midst of a rebuild. That being said an overpay should be expected for a #1 D, but then you look at how Ekman Larsson stuggled defensively last year and you think yeh maybe add Domi to the mix (not Strome!).
the coyotes aren't rebuilding. they are contending for a playoff spot

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Just to get OEL for the package we're offering we'd be stupid not to take it if the Coyotes are willing partners in that deal (which I doubt they would be). Domi would be a nice pickup, but the Coyotes don't have much of a reason to trade him unless they get an overpay, so wouldn't be worth our while.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
OEL for 2018 1st (10 overall), Sekera, Conditional 2019 1st (Unprotected - If OEL resigns, it's a 1st, if not a 2nd) and the rights to Strome

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Another stupid OEL thread. OEL is the Coyotes best player and will sign with them. If traded a deal will be agreed to with the Oilers. For a #1D and Coyotes best player, think of your best player in return or second best player as part of a package. Sekera/10th pick/Klef/ are all throw ins, won't get it done.

Reactions: RemoAZ and ck26

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
OEL looked great playing with Adam Larsson yesterday in the Worlds, and would make a great addition to the Oilers blue line. Is this fair?

It's not a bad base IMO.

Reactions: HockeysFinest

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

With a verbal agreement to re-sign at a minimum it would be Klef+Puljujarvi+ 2018 1st just for OEL there wouldn't be another piece added to OEL and even then I don;t think the Coyotes bite.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Interesting interview with OEL. Could be negative and positive for the Coyotes, didn't know he had a rocky relationship with the coach. Coyotes' Ekman-Larsson says money alone won't determine free-agent plans - Sportsnet.ca Could that influence him to move on? You do get the feeling in some of his interviews that he's tired of toiling, neglected by the rest of the league and he wants to go to a contender.

Yes, I really like the Larsson x2, I realise it won't happen but it would be fun seeing what they could do together with McDavid.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Interesting interview with OEL. Could be negative and positive for the Coyotes, didn't know he had a rocky relationship with the coach. Coyotes' Ekman-Larsson says money alone won't determine free-agent plans - Sportsnet.ca Could that influence him to move on? You do get the feeling in some of his interviews that he's tired of toiling, neglected by the rest of the league and he wants to go to a contender.

Yes, I really like the Larsson x2, I realise it won't happen but it would be fun seeing what they could do together with McDavid.

An interview that occurred before the Yotes ended the season on a a high note. OEL's end-of-the season comments: Coyotes' Oliver Ekman-Larsson wants to sign an extension this summer

I would obviously like to figure something out,” he said Monday as the team cleaned out its lockers at Gila River Arena. “I’ve said it so many times. This is where I want to be. Hopefully we can work something out.”

Reactions: iSophagus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad