Confirmed with Link: Oliver Bjorkstrand to Seattle for 2023 3rd and 2023 4th

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Thanks for being quick enough on posting this that I didn't have to deal with a double. :D

A guy who can produce 2021-22 McCann numbers and is excellent at the 200 ft game, and 5v5. Dude is only 27 as well. Absolute ROBBERY if a 3rd and 4th are all that we lost here. 4 years left on his deal.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Ha ha awesome - Was looking at what people were expecting him to go for it and we obviously got him for way less than that thread suggested! Great pick up as we needed another top six person and basically got them for a very low cost

Reactions: hn777

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Snl Adam Sandler GIF - Snl Adam Sandler Chris Farley - Discover & Share GIFs

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
When you get a player for 3rd and a 4th... you NEVER expect that player to look like that.
For sure. I do really like that pretty much all of our forwards are 5.5M AAV and below. No superstars (right now) but this team has what it needs now to make the playoffs next season. Just hoping Gru can be league average and Hakstol does more what he did over the last 10 games.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seattle just traded for my favorite player. And since I live here anyways, I guess I'm a Kraken fan now. I haven't been yet but I'll be seeing you at CPA.

It doesn't look like folks here understand yet what a huge add this is. Bjorkstrand is a unicorn. This is a player with high end playdriving and elite finishing skill. He is a thin player but has tremendous skill for winning puck battles and when he moves into scoring position he has ridiculous skill for hiding his release and beating even the best of goalies. He has made Vasi and Shesty look bad at times.

Bjorkstrand doesn't do as well on the rush, he's not a great passer when the play is moving super quickly. But you put him on a line with another buzzsaw in Gourde and they'll win every puck battle and drive big goal differentials for the Kraken. Bjorkstrand is overdue for 30+ goals.

He has never been used as a triggerman on the PP, but if you put him on the halfwall RH one-timer position then he can do that too, and that would put him well over thirty goals.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I mean we went from:

McCann-Gourde-Eberle
Schwartz-Wennberg-Donskoi

to:

McCann-Beniers-Bjorkstrand
Schwartz-Gourde-Burkavosky
Tanev-Wright-Eberle
Kuhlman-Wennberg-Donskoi

I keep seeing a lot of Beniers on the top line and Wright the 3rd. Wright was considered the higher end prospect and is just over a year younger than Beniers. Beniers does have the 10 game sample to go off while Wright had a good but nor great season so I can see the argument. But Wright isn't that far behind, I would have him as the 2C. Of course you don't want to force these kids into situations they aren't ready for but I think Wright is ready.

McCann - Beniers - Bjorkstrand
Gourde - Wright - Burakovsky
Schwartz - Wennberg - Eberle
Tanev - Geekie - Kuhlman
Lind/Donskoi

Make the top 6 the guys you expect to be there awhile carrying the load. The 3rd line is your vets who can be thrown out to shelter the kids if needed. I know Eberle isn't 3rd line type but he's not gonna be there long term and he made some strides defensively late in the year. Burakovsky and Bjorkstrand can swap lines if they have better chemistry with the other C. Gourde should be stapled to Wright to help ease him into the league and help him become a better center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad