Post-Game Talk: Olive Gardens defeats the Outback Steakhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'd like to wait until the calendar year to extend him, but I wouldn't hate if we re-signed him for 2 years @ $2.5 million per. Goalie depth is very questionable beyond Kinkaid and really questionable beyond Kinkaid and Schneider, and even Kinkaid himself is still a bit questionable, which is why I'd rather wait until the new year.

I do think we might have come to the point where Kinkaid is the organization's best goaltender, but more so because of not being much of a believer in Cory anymore, than Kinkaid now being really good.

If KK is playing this well come January I’d be surprised if he takes a team friendly deal. This is his chance at a big payday and I don’t blame him for trying to get every nickel he can.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just hope Sideshow Will is okay. Although since he doesn't play "real" defensemen minutes we should be okay.
We will sadly notice a difference without him.

Santini (and god forbid Gryba) just aren't anywhere near as good as he is. Not even close.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm pretty much anti-Boyle but have to admit that he's looked good in his role(s) so far.

Agreed.

That said, I'm (sadly) a believer in reversion to the mean, and I still think he's too slow to be most effective in that slow on this team.

Even on the 4th-line, the players he's skating with leave Boyle in the dust on the rush.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some will never be convinced.
I mean, I don't think he's a star goalie, but he seems to be a solid one.

I do think he's now better than Schneider, which is very sacrilege to say around here, as many really think that Cory isn't as bad as the last two years, but he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after two years like that.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Agreed.

That said, I'm (sadly) a believer in reversion to the mean, and I still think he's too slow to be most effective in that slow on this team.

Even on the 4th-line, the players he's skating with leave Boyle in the dust on the rush.

for some reason hes keeping up with them.

that might not be the case in a month or two but hes giving his all.

we cant be a team full of super small guys. it just wont work

rest him and let stafford have a game here and there and we might get this going.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Some will never be convinced.

I mean, a 28-29 year old career backup suddenly playing like a starter isn't exactly a common occurrence. I don't blame anybody for still having some skepticism. I myself am not entirely convinced yet.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Losing Butcher would be a major blow. And it looks like we'll be without him for a while...

He's a vital cog on our PP. I don't know how he's going to be replaced.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I mean, a 28-29 year old career backup suddenly playing like a starter isn't exactly a common occurrence. I don't blame anybody for still having some skepticism. I myself am not entirely convinced yet.

sounds just like cory..... was he a starter before he got here?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Skeletor singing the praises of Vatanen/Mueller now in the Postgame. Hopefully their sold play against #1 lines stays a thing and isnt a mirage.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
I mean, I don't think he's a star goalie, but he seems to be a solid one.

I do think he's now better than Schneider, which is very sacrilege to say around here, as many really think that Cory isn't as bad as the last two years, but he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after two years like that.
I'm not comparing Cory. Cory deserves a lot of credit. many goalies build a career on a couple good years. Keith's work over the years has paid off and deserves our respect and confidence.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If KK is playing this well come January I’d be surprised if he takes a team friendly deal. This is his chance at a big payday and I don’t blame him for trying to get every nickel he can.
Carter Hutton just got 3 years and $8.25 million, so I'd say that's a comparable.

I can't see Kinkaid getting more than 3 years @ $3 million per year, I just can't. I would give him 2 years @ $2.5 million right now, maybe slightly more if he's maintaining strong play by the new calendar year.

Reactions: My3Sons

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
That's you I guess

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not comparing Cory. Cory deserves a lot of credit. many goalies build a career on a couple good years. Keith's work over the years has paid off and deserves our respect and confidence.
I think he deserves our respect and confidence right now too, but will he deserve our confidence in 2-3 years from now? That's what we need to think about when re-signing him.

Regardless, I still won't be convinced that this isn't a one-off if Cory does turn out to have a great year. I think he might have one more good year in him, but I just think it won't be sustained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad