Speculation: Old Usernames

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This is some crazy/depressing ****, too.

>Sather's progress so far - boy, you guys are in for a few more years...

>Rangers should go to the Western Conference - "THE RANGERS SHOULD JUST GO HOME"

>John LeClair - Scored like 500 career goals against the Rangers

>Why don't the Rangers trade...(posted by "MotherPucker") - "Why don't you get a clue." "The Rangers suck."

>Is Jamie Lundmark under contract - God, I ****ing hope not :laugh:

>Who's going to make the Rangers this year? - Apparently Jeff Toms and ****ing Alex Gusarov. Cheers, everyone!

I'm glad I was too young to be morbid, although that's not helping me now.

You missed some dark, dark times. I laugh at younger Ranger fans that think this year is bad. At least there was a future to look to. There were no prospects worth a damn back then. Lundmark was their crown jewel and supposedly there was a trade lined up in 2003 to send him to Calgary with Blackburn and other pieces for Iginla.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You missed some dark, dark times.
There were some times that were just barren back then. That's what made this board great with the old timers back then. We were essentially each other's NYR support group. And really, there were some times that you just had to come here and laugh. Because when Jeff Toms is skating on your first line......

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
There were some times that were just barren back then. That's what made this board great with the old timers back then. We were essentially each other's NYR support group. And really, there were some times that you just had to come here and laugh. Because when Jeff Toms is skating on your first line......

Toms, Karpa, Ulanov, Lefebvre, Malakhov, Smrek, Lintner, McLean, Hebert, Purinton, McKenna, Ndur, Sweeney...

Just wow.

Reactions: klingsor

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site

And some colorful nicknames like The Buffoon From Banff (courtesy of Melnyk if I'm not mistaken) and MoRon.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Did Muckler turn into Doakes?

Doakes was the guy obsessed with attendance figures for some reason, right? Maybe I'm conflating my characters. I don't remember. Stop yelling at me.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Many came over from RFC and half the game was trying to figure out who they use to be (or at least guessing wrong). I thought Larry Melnyk was Hospo from RFC.

I'd also start a kickstarter to make JOrts and Bernmeister co-GMs of the Devils

Out of damn time machine, I had NO IDEA RFC was still a thing, let alone nothing has changed:
The Ranger Fan Central Graffiti Wall | New York Rangers Fans

@jas
jas's Profile

and people say I don't have what it takes to be a GM, lol.

well at least my name is not being taken in vain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad