Speculation: Old Usernames

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I joined after I got banned from Deadspin's comments for mocking the Phillies and Daulerio. Although there may have been a gap in time there. Feels like a lifetime ago even though it was like 5 years.

That place was great back in the day. Laugh out loud comments on nearly every story.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I don't even know if the site will allow for two letter profile names but I've always been n8 on HF.
Way back in the late 90s, I was on the earliest version of the ESPN boards when it was just like 20 of us posting, including the likes of pasha (prime), alitaki, dawntreader, and luc_robitaille. I think Laches was back on that site but I may be misremembering. My user name then was moonkichi.
Anyone recognizing those user names get a silver star.

Last edited:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don't even know if the site will allow for two letter profile names but I've always been n8 on HF.
Way back in the late 90s, I was on the earliest version of the ESPN boards when it was just like 20 of us posting, including the likes of pasha (prime), alitaki, dawntreader, and luc_robitaille. I think Laches was back on that site but I may be misremembering. My user name then was moonkichi.
Anyone recognizing those user names get a silver star.

yep, recognize them, one of them might even be me, there was also Aneirin I think.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
View attachment 167121
This is the furthest back I could find. August 15, 2000. I can't remember the URL for anything before that.
This is some crazy/depressing shit, too.

>Sather's progress so far - boy, you guys are in for a few more years...

>Rangers should go to the Western Conference - "THE RANGERS SHOULD JUST GO HOME"

>John LeClair - Scored like 500 career goals against the Rangers

>Why don't the Rangers trade...(posted by "MotherPucker") - "Why don't you get a clue." "The Rangers suck."

>Is Jamie Lundmark under contract - God, I f***ing hope not :laugh:

>Who's going to make the Rangers this year? - Apparently Jeff Toms and f***ing Alex Gusarov. Cheers, everyone!

I'm glad I was too young to be morbid, although that's not helping me now.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
This is some crazy/depressing ****, too.

>Sather's progress so far - boy, you guys are in for a few more years...

>Rangers should go to the Western Conference - "THE RANGERS SHOULD JUST GO HOME"

>John LeClair - Scored like 500 career goals against the Rangers

>Why don't the Rangers trade...(posted by "MotherPucker") - "Why don't you get a clue." "The Rangers suck."

>Is Jamie Lundmark under contract - God, I ****ing hope not :laugh:

>Who's going to make the Rangers this year? - Apparently Jeff Toms and ****ing Alex Gusarov. Cheers, everyone!

I'm glad I was too young to be morbid, although that's not helping me now.
Those were some really bad times. :laugh:

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad