GDT: OKC Barons @ Texas Stars, Thursday 12/27 6:30PM MDT

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hopefully they hang on to Lizon, I want to see more of this guy. I'd rather we have him stick around and be ready to rock instead of reacting to when our skilled guys get picked on.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
be sick to see when RNH comes back and no NHL season, oilers quad finished respectfully 1-4 lol. Hall if he never missed first 8 games would be 3rd right now in points. if RNH never slowed down he would still be in top 10.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Hopefully they hang on to Lizon, I want to see more of this guy. I'd rather we have him stick around and be ready to rock instead of reacting to when our skilled guys get picked on.

Definitely. He played his part today.l, keep him in the lineup for tomorrow night too imo.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Loved the arena the Stars played. Hardly a poor view. 5000+ loud and rowdy fans made it fun for everyone.

Hated how the first line played (poor passes and decisions) all night compared to the MPS-Lander-Harski line. They were forechecking and being physical which was rewarded with a nice workman-like goal.

Pitlick hammers people and take some serious abuse in return (as does Lander). He's completely allergic to the slot though.

Live, Schultz's wrister is silent and deadly. Campbell had to make a good save every time. Still, not impressed with years team. Too soft and prone to making high risk / boneheaded plays that lead to turnovers. Stars could have easily won this game if one or two posts turned not goals.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Hall's poor stickhandling was pretty evident in previous seasons but it looks like he turned that weakness into a strength. Good for him.

Lowe in Oil

Aug 29, 2006
Montreal
Hall's poor stickhandling was pretty evident in previous seasons but it looks like he turned that weakness into a strength. Good for him.

This lockout is a blessing in disguise for the Oilers.
Hall Eberle Schultz RNH all got to work on their weaknesses.

Time for the NHL to start.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Maybe the shoulder was bothering him really badly? That said he stickhandles very well in spite of having a very long stick relative to his fellow forwards.

One thing that has stood out to me in recent games is that Eberle is far too nonchalant when making passes in the D zone, that is a habit that he needs to kick in a big way.

Another thing that has caught my attention is Schultz' back passes on the PP when there's only 1 man back and he has a defender on him, at the next level some of those are turning into SH goals.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
One thing that has stood out to me in recent games is that Eberle is far too nonchalant when making passes in the D zone, that is a habit that he needs to kick in a big way.
Agreed. It was particularly visible last night. I would even say that it isn't only in the d-zone.
I saw him turn it over twice in quick succession yesterday right around the Stars blueline by just being a bit too casual.
Its a small thing but it wouldn't be good to see that kind of sloppy play turn into a habit.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Eberle will do that once in the NHL and get minus then go back to paying attention to the opposition's positions when passing

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed. It was particularly visible last night. I would even say that it isn't only in the d-zone.
I saw him turn it over twice in quick succession yesterday right around the Stars blueline by just being a bit too casual.
Its a small thing but it wouldn't be good to see that kind of sloppy play turn into a habit.

Yeah, truly great players don't do crap like that with regularity. You can get away with it more at this level, but at the next level those kinds of plays burn you more often than not. I'm hoping that it's something that he realized and plans on working on to become the best player that he can be.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Eberle will do that once in the NHL and get minus then go back to paying attention to the opposition's positions when passing

Bad habits sometimes take awhile to break, that's why they should be dealt with asap IMO.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
nice to see hall with the hatty... hall has really been turning it on since the slow start, which was to be expected with such a serious injury/surgery in the offseason.... he'd easily be 3rd in scoring with a full season under his belt

eberle and schultz just keep putting up the points

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
good performance from Hall but realistically its a unsustainable hatrick percentage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad