Friedman: "Okay, Jim is getting Ready" "You should be Prepared for Anything" | Who is Staying? Who is Leaving?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It sounds to me like Rutherford actually has a few potential deals in place, and is just waiting to fill Allvin in on what they are, and whether he will also green light any of them.
Funny you mention that, I actually got a similar feeling also.. Maybe it's not done Completely, But it's on it's way.
Most Likely with Miller, But won't make a trade right away, Need Allvin to get a hold of things for prob 3/4 Weeks first.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This is noise
Would be Noise with lots of President's, GM's.
But with Jim Ruthaford? No chance it's just Noise.
Especially with Friedman, Dreger, and Seravelli especially being all over this miller trade inside information.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly, Lots of Canucks fans were interested in a deal surrounding Kapanen for Boeser. (Not sure what the rest of the pieces would be)

The issue is the Penguins have literally no cap space and Boeser has a huge QO after this year.

Unless the deal was like ZAR and Kapanen for Boeser with a bit of retained money to make it an even money swap, I don't think Boeser to Pittsburgh makes sense.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Especially with Friedman, Dreger, and Seravelli especially being all over this miller trade inside information.
Miller gone soon then?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
It will be Miller. He created a bidding war for him and he is about to get rewarded for it

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007

You should be prepared for anything, including nothing happening.

Reactions: Nucks2477

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
I feel like Canucks fans insisted I was wrong when I said Rutherford was actually going to be calling the shots and the idea that he'd purely be a "mentor" would end up false, just like it was when he signed on with the Penguins.

Good luck, Canucks fans. Welcome to JR's wild ride :laugh:

If JR mortgages everything we have to win us two cups, then by all means...

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If its something surprising, who do you think it could be?
Hughes?
Pettersson?
Horvat?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
JR is very transparent with the media. He's going to make big trades. That's what he does. Hurricanes fans and Penguins fans can guarantee you that. We can also tell you he pays premium prices for guys that he wants.

Sometimes that's him getting prime of career point a game Phil Kessel for a 1st pick and a top prospect. Sometimes it's getting Jason Zucker for the same price.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Most people think he is gone anytime soon.
Most likely tho right before the TDL, A week or two before.
So that's about six weeks off then, right? What if the team gets healthy and goes on another winning streak? Still moving Miller for prospects and picks?

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Tier 1:

Jt Miller

return: 1st rounder, A prospect, young nhl player

Martin

return: 3 x 1st round picks

Tier 2:

Motte

return: 2nd/3rd round pick, b prospect

Halak

return: 3rd round pick, meddling prospect

Schenn

return: 5th/ 6th round pick

Hamonic

return: 5th round pick at 25% retention

Tier 3:

Chaisson

return: 7th round pick

Hunt:

return: 7th round pick

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
JR is very transparent with the media. He's going to make big trades. That's what he does. Hurricanes fans and Penguins fans can guarantee you that. We can also tell you he pays premium prices for guys that he wants.

Sometimes that's him getting prime of career point a game Phil Kessel for a 1st pick and a top prospect. Sometimes it's getting Jason Zucker for the same price.

He's going to make small trades to go with the big ones too.

By my count, in 25 years between Carolina and Pittsburgh, Rutherford made 172 different trades. To put that number into perspective, Ken Holland, who also started in 1997, has only made 77.

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
I know it’s been brought up repeatedly over the last couple months, but what would Canucks fans be looking to receive from Pittsburgh in exchange for Miller? JR has a history of stubbornly chasing “his guys” and I think Miller would be a fantastic add for the last sliver of the Pens’ window, putting them over the top from contender to a top cup threat.
Canucks need a top RHD or C prospect. A good 2-way RHD to play with Hughes for the next 6 years + is probably at the top of the list (Why Canucks fans are big on Schneider from NYR).
I don't know if the Pens have the correct pieces and are a good match here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad