Friedman: "Okay, Jim is getting Ready" "You should be Prepared for Anything" | Who is Staying? Who is Leaving?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Which first line player did Tampa go out and get in the last two years? And how much did they spend?
Didn’t they spend 1st and prospect for Goodrew and Coleman in different years and the price was high because the cap hit was pretty low.
You don’t see PPG players at the trade deadline at such a low cap hit, that’s why there are so little comparables. Most if not all teams would prefer to keep a player like this but Benning f***ed this team so bad that one of the ways out for us is to trade Miller who is our best player. If we retain 50% on Miller, you guys are not paying like 2.6M this year, you guys are paying like prorated so it means that you guys can still go out and acquire more. Most teams only have cap to acquire like one guy at the trade deadline because of that and trading for Miller will give whoever that trades for him another opportunity to trade for more because of cap.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Which first line player did Tampa go out and get in the last two years? And how much did they spend?

They spent two first round picks and Nolan Foote on a couple of fringe second line/effective third liners........I mean we have a Motte if that's how you want to spend your 1sts instead?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Let’s not put that out there… I want to enjoy life for at least a bit before reality sets in that it sucks to be a Canuck fan. At least for now I can be hopeful that things will be different this time around, that trade would smash that fantasy.

I'm not sure why a Boeser/Kapanen deal would even be in discussion, other than Rutherford has traded for Kapanen before. Mike Keenan aside how many GM's keep trading for the same guys when they move to another team?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Are Canucks fans expecting Rutherford to clean up Bennings mess?

Rutherfords last few years in Pittsburgh wouldn’t exactly inspire confidence in that notion if I was a Vancouver fan
I’ve seen a lot of Pittsburgh fans say that we should be in for a wild ride and I get why. Those last few years in Pitts were terrible.

But, he seems to be extremely aware of where this franchise is at and how the circumstances differ. He was just trying everything to keep winning cups in Pitts.

It’s clear he thinks this roster is shit and needs a stupid amount of reworking. He also clearly isn’t a fan of anything we are doing off the ice.

All we can really go by right now is the words. Seems as though he wants to leave a lasting legacy of building something sustainable before he leaves.

Also, again, remember that dead average is an absolutely ginormous upgrade on being one of the worst general managers in modern NHL history.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I’ve seen a lot of Pittsburgh fans say that we should be in for a wild ride and I get why. Those last few years in Pitts were terrible.

But, he seems to be extremely aware of where this franchise is at and how the circumstances differ. He was just trying everything to keep winning cups in Pitts.

It’s clear he thinks this roster is shit and needs a stupid amount of reworking. He also clearly isn’t a fan of anything we are doing off the ice.

All we can really go by right now is the words. Seems as though he wants to leave a lasting legacy of building something sustainable before he leaves.

Also, again, remember that dead average is an absolutely ginormous upgrade on being one of the worst general managers in modern NHL history.

JR was great in Pittsburgh. He failed in two areas.

First, he decided after the playoff loss to Washington that the team needed to get some pushback. He paid a lot for Reeves (point 2), but I loved the mindset. Problem was, his coach wasn't onboard. He allowed his coach to sabotage his plan. What we don't know, maybe the organization above JR had sided with Sully as well. It looks like this was the case with how JR was let go.

He overpaid at times.

That's it........ other than that, JR was a fantastic GM for the PENS. I'm more worried about mealy Hextall, who for the first time is having some success as a GM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad