OJ Simpson dead at 76

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don’t care. There’s no excuse to rob and threaten to kill someone with a gun. If he has memorabilia, go through legal means, sue him, call the cops on him, etc.

There’s no excuses for that piece of elephantshit. May he rot in hell forever.
Should perhaps be noted that OJ did not have a gun. It was another person that threatened with it and received only probation.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Should perhaps be noted that OJ did not have a gun. It was another person that threatened with it and received only probation.

He brought along the man who had the gun, am I not correct? It was O.J.’s idea to rob the guy instead of going through all of the limitless legal avenues he had.

Not saying the man who threatened the victim shouldn’t have done serious time himself, but without O.J., it wouldn’t have happened.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
So on the Buffalo Bills instagram account, they have a post honouring Steve Tasker (whom should be in the hall of fame). But the comments are from people wanting the Buffalo Bills to acknowledge OJ Simpson. There are literally tons of people on that post waiting for them to say something about him.

I don't think they should, too messy and too complicated of a legacy even though his prime years were in Buffalo.

I spoke too soon, even on the official NFL account on Instagram, you have literally people spamming every post today waiting for the OJ tribute lmao.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Instead of a hearse...

1712888835190.png

Reactions: JMCx4

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
The ESPN Documentary is really good. Highly recommend it.

"OJ: Made In America" you mean? Yeah, that's a good one. Everyone should take a couple of nights and watch that 5-part series. It covers everything. Takes you back to that time too. It was such a different world without social media.

He spent a decade in jail whether he did it or not. 33 years for stealing back his own football memorabilia from another criminal was excessive and really replaced the murder sentence that he didn't get. The armed accomplices of Simpson only got probation.

I'd say rest the way you deserve, and I don't really know what that is. A great athlete, a memorable actor, and a flawed, multifaceted man.

They threw the maximum sentence at him, and I don't doubt that they did this on the basis that he got away with murder. But keep in mind he only served 9 years of that 33 year sentence. There is a little solace that he spent 9 years behind bars, but it wasn't enough. One thing never remembered is the 1997 Civil Trial that the Goldman and Brown family had against him. They won and everyone forgets that. I wish that trial was televised because the lawyers were allowed to call OJ up to the stand and from what I understand they ripped him to shreds in the cross examination. Johnny Cochran was as crooked of a lawyer as there was, but he knew in the criminal trial not to put OJ on the stand.

Mad TV's epic sketch on OJ Simpson around 1996.

Mad TV was so funny, I wish it never went off the air. Significantly more funny than SNL was at the same time. MadTV just had a comic edge to it that SNL didn't. But yeah this is one of the funniest skits ever.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A few good things to come out of that circus:
  • Domestic violence is taken way more seriously
  • Barry Sheck is director of the Innocence Project
  • After that absolute spanking of Dennis Fung, forensic experts know what not to do.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
You can tell just by Kardashian's reaction when the OJ verdict is read that he knows the truth. It was an "Oh no what have we done!" type of reaction. The camera catches it just in time. He also gives OJ this dirty look that has a "You lucky SOB, how did you do it?" type of vibe.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Anyone have thoughts on the theory his son as the killer? Ive read some compelling arguments about it the last couple of days (tho full disclosure,havent had time to verify any of it yet)

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Anyone have thoughts on the theory his son as the killer? Ive read some compelling arguments about it the last couple of days (tho full disclosure, advent had time to verify any of it yet)
In If I Did it he says he had an accomplice with him under the pseudonym Charlie and says a fight broke out between them, Brown and Goldman.

Reactions: Voight

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Anyone have thoughts on the theory his son as the killer? Ive read some compelling arguments about it the last couple of days (tho full disclosure, advent had time to verify any of it yet)

I never know what to make of his son being involved. His oldest son of course with his 1st wife. When OJ and Al Cowling drive up to the property in Brentwood you see the son rush up to the Bronco and Cowling curses him out and sort of shoves him away. I always thought that was odd at the very least. I don't know, but its funny how Kato Kaelin made a comment the other day saying he never thought OJ would confess even on his death bed. Nothing against Kaelin, but this guy was a useless witness for the Prosecution, he didn't really help at all. Yet he became a household name.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I had a teacher who believed it was his son. Why there was Simpson DNA, the glove didn't fit and that OJ knew and would take the fall cause his son would get the death penalty

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I had a teacher who believed it was his son. Why there was Simpson DNA, the glove didn't fit and that OJ knew and would take the fall cause his son would get the death penalty

One of the points I saw was that OJ apparently told his lawyer or someone that they needed to get one for his son that night/day.... seems odd.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
All of this got me watching the "OJ Made in America" ESPN documentary. It was as well done as I remember when it first came out in 2016. And it takes you back to those moments in 1994, 1995. It seems like a different world, barely any internet at the time, E-mail was a weird word for a lot of people. No one had a cell phone, barely anyone.

But watching it makes you remember just how much the defense was relying on race to be the issue. It is really all they had to be honest. OJ never took the stand, he almost committed suicide in the Bronco, he had a trail of his blood from the murder scene to Tahiti! Basically their only hope was to manipulate a predominantly black jury and hit their emotions and dig into the core of how the LAPD had treated black people in the past. I do think Cochran and co. were morally bankrupt, but I have to admit it worked. And if OJ is paying you tons of money for it, you are going to try to put whatever doubt you can in the minds of the jury. To me, the evidence was still clear, even when they attacked the likes of Fuhrman and such and tried to destroy the character of a guy like Ron Shipp, it was obvious they were just clinging to whatever they could because they had nothing. They all knew OJ did it. I think if anything Judge Ito let things slide a little too much in that courtroom. Fuhrman wasn't on trial, there was no possibility of him even being able to plant the glove because there just wasn't the time to do it. But they made it that it didn't matter, and his character was on trial. It's too bad, because OJ got away with it.

But I also remember the division. Once the trial came up and everyone was watching it you had a clear divide. White people nearly unanimously thought he was guilty. Black people - not quite as unanimous but easily predominantly - thought he was innocent. It is hard to believe that life we had back then, because it seems to tame compared to today. Now we could post a picture on the internet of Sidney Crosby petting a new born puppy and it would cause riots and name calling. Back in 1995, yeah sure a case like this pitted people against each other, but man was that ever tame compared to today!

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Anyone have thoughts on the theory his son as the killer? Ive read some compelling arguments about it the last couple of days (tho full disclosure,havent had time to verify any of it yet)
Coming back to this, If I did it says "Charlie" tipped off O.J. to some goings on at Nicole's place and he went over to confront her. The ESPN doc has descriptions of a few incidents where O.J. lost it over Nicole having sex while the kids were upstairs. There are a few friends that also allege O.J. would have spies help with his stalking.

I did Bing Maps and it's only a six minute drive to the condo from OJ's house. Real easy for him to swing by to stalk her or someone to take a look on the way to see OJ.

In addition, the speculation that he and Kato bought speed on their trip to Burger King. If OJ were under the influence, it would make him impulsive.

He goes over there. Sees Ron Goldman, gets jealous and starts killing.

The one thing that I can’t square with having an accomplice is the lack of physical evidence of anyone else there. You look at those bloody footprints and it’s inconceivable someone else could have been in that courtyard.

My parents were acquainted with a former teammate of his and I asked him if he thought OJ did it and he said no… and then he chuckled “No way that man would mess up his suit!” He did say Jason was a “mess”.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Lmao, he was a murderer. A MURDERER who got off from a technicality. Imagine thinking this monster should be celebrated :laugh:

So, you supporting a MURDERER, unserious. Don’t think my crypto ever KILLED someone.
I'm not even a native English speaker and despite the quoted sentence missing a pronoun, even I get the point he's making:

should have been celebrated and not reviled had not committed crimes

"had HE not committed crimes" clearly means the celebrating is cancelled, not endorsed.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not even a native English speaker and despite the quoted sentence missing a pronoun, even I get the point he's making:

"had HE not committed crimes" clearly means the celebrating is cancelled, not endorsed.
Little late to the party.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad