OJ Simpson dead at 76

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Football legacy was ruined cause of what he did. It was never the same after, outside of football he was shamed and rightfully so.

His life won’t be celebrated universally, his football career in retrospective is tarnished.

People forget he was one of the best running backs in NFL history.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
895891.jpg

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
As huge as this story was back then, there was no internet.

Imagine the internet if Tom Brady killed his ex.
i think the issue was bigger than the killings and that's why it was such a popular news item. there was his celebrity ( movies, tv ads. broadcasting) which i think is bigger than brady. there was the spousal abuse history that was a raging topic back then and there was the racial component that still is a dividing issue in this and many cases. not saying that to cause controversary, stir up crap just saying that all 3 of those ingredients were paramount in the "trial of the century"

for me, i was pissed that I had to watch Patsy Ewing go 25 and 12 on a split screen

• Haha
Reactions: Melrose Munch

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
At the risk of being accused of celebrating a murdering scumbag who should have been in jail...

However-many NFL running backs are in your top tier all-time - 3, 8, 12, whatever - he's in it. And if he's not, you need to add one spot to your top tier.

He was named to the all NFL team for running backs. I ageee, as much as he’s universally hated, guy was an all time running back.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
There's some murderers I wouldn't celebrate dying. The one's who served 25-50 years in prison, showed true remorse and reformed themselves. OJ is sooo far from being one of those guys though. A truly despicable human being.

I’d have an ounce of respect for the man if he gave a death bed confession to give the victims families some sort of closure. Asshole couldn’t even do that.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
There were people who thought he was sick but he kept denying it.
there were people who thought he would change but he kept denying that too

I’d have an ounce of respect for the man if he gave a death bed confession to give the victims families some sort of closure. Asshole couldn’t even do that.
yeah, he could've said started with "if i did it...."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad