OJ Simpson dead at 76

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Cancer is too good for him.. Will go down as the most reviled ex athlete ever I would say.

Others may beg to differ.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
there were people who thought he would change but he kept denying that too

yeah, he could've said started with "if i did it...."
Well, no one said you had to believe him. He never gave anyone reason to

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
1712865832198.jpeg

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
He will definitely be among the top, or maybe bottom? choices

I would bet there are more than a few that consider Michael Vick as bad or worse
There are many. Oscar Pistorioys. Pete Rose. Scott Erickson. Latrell Sprewell. Jarvarious Crittenton. Dave Forbes. The Canadian 5. Kobe Bryant. Roberto Alomar.

And who can forget Juan Marichal baseball batting John Roseboro to kingdom come

I would bet there are more than a few that consider Michael Vick as bad or worse

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Rot in hell, O.J. RIMFH.

Don't forget that he committed an armed robbery over memorabilia and threatened to kill the victim. He ended up in prison and released early...but it should've never gotten to that point. I don't blame his lawyer as much; he was merely doing his job. But O.J. writing "If I Did It" was disgusting, a confession of sorts.

He can rot, as far as I'm concerned. My thoughts and condolences are with his victims and their families. Hopefully with this bastard's death, they can heal.

Reactions: BB79

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
I figured this might come up. As for OJ I'll start with this. One of the greatest NFL running backs in history. First player to rush for 2,000 yards in a season, and did it when they only played 14 games. Then was a good actor, very active as a commentator/analyst in the NFL. I am going to say it, but prior to 1994 he is probably about as well loved as an athlete possibly could be. This is pre-social media that has ruined us all and made us all critics and keyboard warriors, but he might have been loved almost at a consensus level before 1994 in a simpler time.

Okay, so that part is done. Then the white Bronco happened in 1994. Then the trial in 1995 and if there was ever a guy who ought to get down on his knees and thank God for Rodney King it was OJ Simpson. Because this trial was downtown L.A., not in Santa Monica or anything, and this is just three years after the King riots. Still very recent in the minds of people. Did that play into him being found not guilty? I believe so, but even one of the jurors in the doc "OJ Made in America" admits that the "not guilty" verdict was revenge for the Rodney King trial. So there's that. Anyway, he's found not guilty and it turned into a race war at that time (or as much as it could pre-social media). OJ was the butt of the joke on late night television for years. People that were close to him prior to the trial weren't afterwards. Robert Kardashian is a good example. Not sure even Robert Shapiro carried on as if OJ was innocent afterwards. It really did a number on the career of these guys. Then OJ went to jail in 2008 for 9 years for that Vegas robbery thing. You could say there was a bit of justice for the murders. But certainly not enough.

I think he was guilty of the murders. The evidence was there, he never took the stand in his defense (I know that doesn't always mean everything) but I do think he was guilty. One thing to note, his own legal team planned the whole "try on the glove" thing. OJ did not take his arthritis medicine for a couple of weeks and his hands swelled. And the result was what you saw. Anyway, no one had such a hot and cold career. There is post 1994 and pre-1994.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri

At least Vick had remorse for what he did and tried his best to make up for it. And I say this as an enormous animal lover who once rescued a hornet (which bit me) from the cat in my profile pic.

O.J. never did, and he is definitely on the bottom along with Lawrence Phillips (in my honest opinion).

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Rot in hell, O.J. RIMFH.

Don't forget that he committed an armed robbery over memorabilia and threatened to kill the victim. He ended up in prison and released early...but it should've never gotten to that point. I don't blame his lawyer as much; he was merely doing his job. But O.J. writing "If I Did It" was disgusting, a confession of sorts.

He can rot, as far as I'm concerned. My thoughts and condolences are with his victims and their families. Hopefully with this bastard's death, they can heal.
He spent a decade in jail whether he did it or not. 33 years for stealing back his own football memorabilia from another criminal was excessive and really replaced the murder sentence that he didn't get. The armed accomplices of Simpson only got probation.

I'd say rest the way you deserve, and I don't really know what that is. A great athlete, a memorable actor, and a flawed, multifaceted man.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
At least Vick had remorse for what he did and tried his best to make up for it. And I say this as an enormous animal lover who once rescued a hornet (which bit me) from the cat in my profile pic.

O.J. never did, and he is definitely on the bottom along with Lawrence Phillips (in my honest opinion).

Lawrence Phillips is a good call, he gets forgotten a bit

Reactions: Memento

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1712874857144.jpeg

1712874889583.jpeg

He spent a decade in jail whether he did it or not. 33 years for stealing back his own football memorabilia from another criminal was excessive and really replaced the murder sentence that he didn't get. The armed accomplices of Simpson only got probation.

I'd say rest the way you deserve, and I don't really know what that is. A great athlete, a memorable actor, and a flawed, multifaceted man.
In hockey we call that a make up call.

Reactions: BB79

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
The Bronco chase was like the weird moon landing moment for my generation. I missed it since I was at Disneyland with my classmates. I heard later that some kids were watching the chase on a Sega Game Gear that had the TV adapter. But for the most part we were all oblivious until we got dropped off back at school. All of our parents were like "OJ ran" and none of us knew what they meant.

I also remember my high school principal interrupting class to announce the verdict over the PA system.

In recent years I've argued with my mom who remains adamant that she would have found OJ not guilty to avoid another set of riots.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri

I don’t care. There’s no excuse to rob and threaten to kill someone with a gun. If he has memorabilia, go through legal means, sue him, call the cops on him, etc.

There’s no excuses for that piece of elephantshit. May he rot in hell forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad