Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
:laugh:

The probability of any combination is <1%.

Get over yourself. His body language was telling Edmonton was not his first choice. Is that really SO hard to believe?

Oh, I am sorry. I didn't realize I was in a discussion with an expert on body language.:laugh:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
McDavid looked like he threw up in his mouth or got kicked in the nuts after that announcement. :laugh:

although he did say "it will be an honor to play for them" as most prospects will and do say, he didn't seem happy at all. Wow. I feel sorry for the kid. it's one of those, "s*** I have no other choice, better say the right words." type of scenario. But he has to realize, he has no choice. It's kinda sad, but he needs to be grateful about it. dang I do feel sorry for him though, *****.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I don't want to make a separate thread about this, but I want to hear your opinions.
How do Oilers, ruin their #1 ov draft picks.
People say we've ruined Hall, Nuge, Yaks.
How? someone elaborate.

First, I laughed a lot when Edmonton got the pick because I knew this place would explode.

To answer your question, they (the listed players) should haev spent a few years in the AHL dominating and getting used to travelling, team defence and so on. Instead they were pushed upstairs (Oilers) without proper veteran leadership to shelter them. It goes downhill from there.

Basically you guys need some proper leadership up to which will get leadership on the ice.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I've literally seen that goofy ginger kid grow up before my eyes watching him tag along with those hacks in Edmonton picking first every year.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
You are lying to yourself and to everyone on here right now when you assume or imply that you have a single clue what McDavid wants or thinks.
I'm just going to quote a previous post you made, then I'll come back and address this post.

Not sure where people saw that McDavid was crushed by sadness. Maybe the part where he said it would be a true honour to play for the Oilers.
So, basically, everybody here is seeing things. That we don't understand how McDavid is upset about Edmonton winning the first overall pick? And you don't understand that he "had to take a moment" because "a lot of things were going on in his mind"? You don't realize that when he said that, it was after looking miserable, and then finally managed to play the professional politic card, and grease the elbows to ensure that he is still the #1 pick?

You seem pretty bias right now yourself, with this overwhelming positivity that has come from nothing but typical media ******** talk. I thought people could read through transparency better than that, but clearly you still need to go back to school and learn up a couple things. Ah well, at least you get to enjoy McDavid while you do so, eh? The small things in life.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Do you think McDavid will be the 1c or the 2c or even lower on Edmonton. Just want to ask oilers fans that.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I know this will get hate because I am a Flames fan, but I do believe what I am about to say is the truth.

I don't think this changes that much for the Oilers. It will probably turn them into a good team from the bad team they currently are, but as long as their current management team remains intact I don't see them being cup contenders.

Not even a playoff contender. Until they get goaltending and some solid defensemen, nothing will change. It took Lombardi 5 years of drafting and developing players [not rushing them into the league],as well as hiring a coach who taught them team defense to become the team they are today. I see nothing even close to resembling that in EDM.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Which would you rather have:

1. Getting McDavid this year and keeping the current management for 5 more years.

2. Drafting third this year and immediately cleaning house upstairs (replacing Lowe, MacTavish etc with competent people).

Feel free to give reasons…intrigued to hear the responses.

Can't it be both :help:

Prior to winning the lottery a few people mentioned on the Oilers board that winning McDavid would sadly reward our managements incompetence which is still a disgusting thought. But really its not fair to ask this while the excitement is at an all time high, I have spent the last hour watching McDavid highlights / talking about McDavid. Right now to answer this question I would go with McDavid but there were definitely points in the season (MacT presser where he said he saw Eakins as a 10 year guy) for example that the answer would easily have been to clean house. I am hoping that Katz has some sort of an epiphany and realizes that this team has a chance to be special and that management is holding it back.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
What is? Getting another kid that doesn't want to play for a team hat hasn't been able to improve despite picking in the top 5 since a decade ago?

Who exactly is that a "nice reward" for?

Us Oilers fans. Unlike Chicago, we have stuck with our team through the decade of futility.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Poor kid

Going to such a **** franchise

A franchise that's satisfied year after year with mediocricy

Every year they get a great player and every year it's same old ****. .just brutal for kid

Mediocrity? The oilers are 4 steps below that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad