Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
McDavid looked devastated - seriously unhappy with the result.

Meanwhile, the NHL is probably immediately striking a secret committee to change the draft lottery to deal with the gong show fall-out.

Stats geeks will figure out how unlikely it was that the Oilers would win those 4 lotteries. My quick calculation is at about 1 in 1000.

But the most exciting thing is that we get to celebrate the beginning of another NHL draft with this....

6827648.jpg

It's just not a real draft until we see Katz and the luxuriant orange locks of his son on the draft stage.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I am going out on a limb and guessing that people judging McDavid's reaction are not familiar with him as a human being.

He is not Ovechkin. The kid is super-reserved and guarded. Why? Because of a lifetime of coach-bound fools speaking for him.

This thread is proof of that.

Yeah dude, and I'm sure you and him have daily bff convos with each other. smh

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
A few things..

1. I love the Americans whining its fixed...fixed=Arizona. Suck it USA..

2. Hey NHL, can you fix the audio? Seriously?

3. Why is McTavish in Switzerland on such an important day?

4. Why why why why don't the Oliers embrace him right away? What on God's green earth are they waiting for?

Retail1LO*

Everyone always ***** on the oilers for the 1st overall picks in recent years. But it's been said by everyone every time it's debated, the 1st overall picks that they got during those years were some of the worst ever. The oilers happened to suck at the worst possible time regarding upcoming talent.

Plus, no one wants to play here in edmonton, it's near impossible to attract good players to our market, regarding the city itself, it's location, how poorly the team is managed, and how poorly it performs.

This is a very nice reward.

What is? Getting another kid that doesn't want to play for a team hat hasn't been able to improve despite picking in the top 5 since a decade ago?

Who exactly is that a "nice reward" for?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He will be set for life personally but this was the worst possible destination professionally for him.

. Unbelievable.

The winner in this draft was Eichel because the Sabres appear to have a plan going forward.

Wait, wait, wait...

"DRAFT ALL TEH OFFENSE!" isn't a plan?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Watch McDavid sucking for the rest of the playoff in the OHL in hope that the Oilers take Eichel instead!! finger crossing:)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wonder how many more years this buys Lowe and MacTavish?

Actually, shouldn't it hasten their departure? Why would you let the fools that have screwed up so bad in the past manage McDavid's NHL future?

That club better bring some veteran leadership in and not expect this kid to carry the load.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
MacTavish's quote is exactly why nobody wanted this to happen. It's embarrassing how ****ing stupid that front office is.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
So according to the quick calculation I just did, the probability of Edmonton picking first overall in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015 and not picking first overall in 2013 and 2014 was...

0.4%
:laugh:

The probability of any combination is <1%.

I am going out on a limb and guessing that people judging McDavid's reaction are not familiar with him as a human being.

He is not Ovechkin. The kid is super-reserved and guarded. Why? Because of a lifetime of coach-bound fools speaking for him.

This thread is proof of that.

Get over yourself. His body language was telling Edmonton was not his first choice. Is that really SO hard to believe?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
H should pull a Lindros. Incompetence shouldn't be rewarded like this. Happy he's not in the east though

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
He would say it's an honour for any team that was drafting him :laugh:

Exactly. So stop grasping at straws and saying you or any other person on here has a clue what he is actually thinking. He would have said the same thing about Buffalo.

In short, who gives a ****. He is going to be an Oiler. People here need to stop whining like a bunch of babies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

This is hilarious. Edmonton won. Worst owner. Worst front office. Ruins first overall pick after first overall pick. Get's McDavid. McDavid looks like he just got kicked in the nuts. LOVE IT!!! Just hilarious.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
I think if he pulls a Lindros everyone will understand and not hate him.

I want him to. Even if his demand is not Toronto either. I want him to demand Arizona or something. Just anywhere but Edmonton. It's great for the fans yes, they've suffered so much, but just imagining Katz/Lowe/MacTavish and their smug faces infuriates me at just how ****ed McDavid really is right now.

FoppaForsberg*

The hate against edmonton is ridiculous

It's not hate, it's the fact that they've ruined so many potentially great players, and now the greatest prospect since Crosby is on his way there? So frustrating.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Poor kid

Going to such a **** franchise

A franchise that's satisfied year after year with mediocricy

Every year they get a great player and every year it's same old ****. .just brutal for kid

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
As an Oiler fan;

I have no problem with anyone on here being very upset about this.

I'm actually torn about this, obviously you should be super pumped and super happy however if there is one front office or owner in the history of the nhl that did NOT deseve this it is the oilers.

The fans deserve it, they are a passionate group that has had to put up with just a disgustingly bad, arrogant crappy group running this team.

Over night Friggn kats, lowe and mact will be heralded as good hocly people 5 years from now, all because of a random number generator.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If any one franchise here can match a) Losing your STARTING GOALIE in game 1 of the SCF 2) having your star D from that run jet out of town and take all the other rentals with him 3) watch the same GM from that year run your team in to the ground for a decade after you can say you also deserved McD... but we did not deserve him less than any one else... get real

1) Lose every D-man in the same series
2) Co-captains leave on same day due to inept management
3) Same GM puts team in no man's land repeatedly until replaced last year

But Eichel is gonna be awesome so no worries here.

whskybarJM

Jan 3, 2009
ca
I'm officially done with this league. Could care less about the flyers.

This team again, nonsense. Pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad