Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Let's be honest though. Take any one of the first four teams, and if they win it, the average hockey fan loses it.

Buffalo - they're rewarded for intentionally tanking.

Arizona - obviously rigged.

Edmonton - well, see for yourselves. Again!!!?!?!

Toronto - oh no, not those ****ers.

Only bitter about Edmonton. Whatever though, the guy wanted to cry. Congrats on that?

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
The Oilers are like Inspector Clouseau of The Pink Panther movies. They make all the mistakes possible in building a team and then luck into solving the problem by getting Connor McDavid.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Body language was far more telling than his words. I understand you're likely blinded by excitement, but most people saw a kid who was not exactly thrilled. Not that he won't sign or won't become excited by Edmonton, but it was quite clear that Edmonton was not his top choice.

I am going out on a limb and guessing that people judging McDavid's reaction are not familiar with him as a human being.

He is not Ovechkin. The kid is super-reserved and guarded. Why? Because of a lifetime of coach-bound fools speaking for him.

This thread is proof of that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I had no allegiances either way, hoped for Arizona, but this is the most comical outcome aside from the Kings.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
McDavid

Hate the management but to get a generational player is worth it. Plus if they don't improve within 2 years they will all be fired anyways. They will have 1 year in the new arena as a grace period. After that Katz and Bob Nicholson will fire all of them if no improvement.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
He will be set for life personally but this was the worst possible destination professionally for him.

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1m1 minute ago
MacTavish: "Offense wins hockey games and we’re going to be loaded with it."
. That is from MacT 30 minutes ago. Unbelievable.

The winner in this draft was Eichel because the Sabres appear to have a plan going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad