Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Oh, I am sorry. I didn't realize I was in a discussion with an expert on body language.:laugh:

Doesn't take an expert to read his.

As always, you are insufferable, fly4apuckguy.

Again, is it so hard to believe McDavid may have been disappointed? He got picked by the most chronically mismanaged franchise in the league. Would you not be disappointed if you were him?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't want to make a separate thread about this, but I want to hear your opinions.
How do Oilers, ruin their #1 ov draft picks.
People say we've ruined Hall, Nuge, Yaks.
How? someone elaborate.

By putting them on a pathetic team that is a perpetual loser?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

For the record, 99.99% of us don't hate Edmonton. It is just hilarious. Every hockey fan not from Toronto, Buffalo, Arizona and Carolina, LOL's when Edmonton won.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Does he have to play in Edmonton? What if he just says no i won't play for them, what happens?

Oilers are forced to trade the pick for a rather spectacular return. That's actually probably the best outcome for them, they'll be forced into actually trying to determine what pieces will improve their team. They would likely be able to get a starting goalie and a #1 D plus some complementary depth, and would actually be able to get players to shore up their weaknesses instead of adding just another forward.

rainrock

Mar 20, 2007
Congrats to the entire Edmonton metro area, all 12,000 of you.:D

Swore the gold card was coming up for Bos, then LA, Philly,NJ and definitely Toronto.

SchultzSquared*

I suspect it would actually benefit his reputation. He becomes the good, assertive kid who can stand up for his own development and future.

So would you have supported 18 year old Eric Staal "standing up" for his "future" and telling CAR who had had more playoff less seasons than playoff seasons to **** off so he could go to a good team... some thing tells me no

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It's funny how Edmonton fans are happy. I mean, yes, in theory they should. They just won the lottery and are sure to get a generational talent.

But that generational talent clearly wants nothing to do with you. It's like winning a date with the hottest girl in the school, and she's forced to be with you, but you know that during that first date she's probably gonna **** the waiter and everybody else that is in a mile radius asap.

Really wish a team that *DESERVED* a guy like McDavid actually got him. Not a team that gets rewarded first overall after first overall and can't ****ing do anything with that talent.

He probably is just sad he has to move from Toronto and Buffalo. Don't think there's anything against Edmonton in his demeanor.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Doesn't take an expert to read his.

As always, you are insufferable, fly4apuckguy.

Again, is it so hard to believe McDavid may have been disappointed? He got picked by the most chronically mismanaged franchise in the league. Would you not be disappointed if you were him?

Fly is a good guy and certainly not "insufferable". Having said that, he is incorrect. McDavid did NOT look happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->