Post-Game Talk: Oilers win a defensive battle? Oilers won a defensive battle!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yup, Kia's the basketball player. An impressive and personable family for sure. We need another Papa Nurse "beat his ass" appearance. Wouldn't mind seeing it happen to Tkachuk.

I take that back I'd prefer seeing Nurse vs. Andersson round two. He has such a punchable smug looking mug, and acts like a total turd on and off the ice.

Just for a nice reminder:

I remember rasmus calling the oilers fake tough last year or something.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Took a spin by CP. It seems about 90% of them are not even mad they lost to the Oilers. They hate Ward and Treliving though :laugh:. Some are proposing a "Fire Ward" billboard as well.

They are all stumped why Bennett was benched, some dude posted on Twitter it was because of a lazy back check on the Haas goal. Yet Tkachuk literally takes a knee for a full 5-count, watches the Canucks play keep away, slowly gets up and gets a front row view of Vancouver finally pound it home.

And he doesn't miss a shift.

#Keep Geoff Forever

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Struggled to start. Better in the middle. Very good lately.

Had one really bad game and that d-partners lodged in the press box. Very steady for the most part. Physical force in his own zone and has been moving the puck much more including some pinches into the o-zone. You watch those plays and they are smartly executed and he skates well to get back in position. Solid d-man.

Reactions: gordonhught

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
960's phone lines are opening in five minutes.

H0TStrx.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Had one really bad game and that d-partners lodged in the press box. Very steady for the most part. Physical force in his own zone and has been moving the puck much more including some pinches into the o-zone. You watch those plays and they are smartly executed and he skates well to get back in position. Solid d-man.
Biggest thing for me is he’s been consistently solid lately.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Sorry no. Like others have said countless male broadcasters get trashed constantly and worse than Cassie ever has. You’re looking for something that simply isn’t there. If you dedicate everything you do or say to placate the “progressive mob” then you’re losing at life.

You’re really proving my point that valid criticism is allowed and actually encouraging it with this rhetoric.
You said it better than I could have. Just want to echo this. I personally got Remenda trending on Twitter last year for how bad he was.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Took a spin by CP. It seems about 90% of them are not even mad they lost to the Oilers. They hate Ward and Treliving though :laugh:. Some are proposing a "Fire Ward" billboard as well.

They are all stumped why Bennett was benched, some dude posted on Twitter it was because of a lazy back check on the Haas goal. Yet Tkachuk literally takes a knee for a full 5-count, watches the Canucks play keep away, slowly gets up and gets a front row view of Vancouver finally pound it home.

And he doesn't miss a shift.

#Keep Geoff Forever
All coaches take it out on the plugs instead of the stars though. Except Torts. lol.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
All coaches take it out on the plugs instead of the stars though. Except Torts. lol.

Very true. That's why I love Torts. Holds everyone accountable for their play...I think he even benched the Sedins once or twice if I remember hearing/reading right.

Edit: It was Luongo for a Heritage classic game. I knew it was one of their big name players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloned

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I remember when Calgary supposedly had such a tight knit group during the play-ins...
I like this version of the Flames a lot better

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
We're seeing a real divide in the division with a top 4 and bottom 3. In fairness to Calgary although they got the Canucks 6 times they haven't got to play Ottawa yet. Still the divide looks clear enough that I thought I'd take a look at the quality of schedule for the 4 playoff teams.

One of these is not like the other:

Toronto 12 of 18 (66%) against bottom 3 teams (7ott-3van-2cal)
Edmonton 11 of 18 (61%) against top 3 teams (4tor-4win-3mtl)
Montreal 9 of 15 (60%) against bottom 3 (5van-2cal-2ott)
Winnipeg 12 of 17 (71%) against bottom 3 teams (5ott-5cal-2van)
Gonna have to call you Elk44 to satisfy the woke mob ;)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think fully healthy our d should be

Nurse - Barrie
Lagesson - Larsson
Bouchard - Bear

Yes I do think playing Bouchard on his off side would be fine.

Reactions: FlameChampion

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I got you brother. I’m listening. Taking one for the team

Caller just said: “Pat, I know you’re jacked. Probably lifting between callers....you’re an athlete”. And then he trailed off and didn’t really ask a question

To his credit, McLovin laughed and said “no I’m not”
Let me know if Robert calls in.

Reactions: TB12

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
My God is the Calgary flames fans F*****...Listing to the Calgary after show and I swear to God the callers are on crack ..I never heard such a shit show of a call-in show. Feel bad for the announcer He must be thinking the callers are just f***(*(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad