Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 5-1 against the Lambton Shores Predators of the GOJHL

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Ok that's it... fire the coaching staff and have player coaches. At least then the arguments about who to blame for the ****show this year... coaches or players... would end. :)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Oh wait, Bryz is starting tonight. We can't test Scrivens' coaching yet.

We can see how much reversion there is to other habits with him not in.

In effect Scrivens not in tonight is the "control" that allows comparison of results with him as variable, and not a variable.

Unless Bryz starts barking out orders;

"Get out of way of galaxy"

"Oncoming Forecheckers are like humongous solar system"

"Check for meteorites"

"why U heff 2 worry"?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
We can see how much reversion there is to other habits with him not in.

In effect Scrivens not in tonight is the "control" that allows comparison of results with him as variable, and not a variable.

Unless Bryz starts barking out orders;

"Get out of way of galaxy"

"Oncoming Forecheckers are like humongous solar system"

"Check for meteorites"

"why U heff 2 worry"?

When the Oilers go back to not having any clue how to handle the Sedins in the D-zone I'm not going to blame Bryzgalov.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
Can actually play the game if he has the right puck support which Smyth provided admirably last night. Gaz is going to have some trouble handling the puck but playing with guys that keep it pretty basic and play a simple cycle like Joensuu and Smyth really helps Gazdics game. That and that Smyth is a very underrated player at transition and moving the puck up ice. Without that Gazdic spends way too much time in own end.

Smyth was the key player on this line last night and if he was able to play like that often would be one of the best 4th liners in the league.

What I really liked last night is how much the 2nd 3rd an 4th lines focused on phases of transition. First get the puck out, guys supporting NZ puck movement, and getting the puck deep. Simple, effective. We were getting the puck deep consistently and showing battle in all areas of the ice to keep the puck up ice. This wa giving the much slower preds fits.

The Preds had no answer for when we play like this. If we trade zone time with Preds on a fairly equal basis we win. Simple as that. If we battle well enough in own zone Preds don't have a lot of offensive capacity to overcome reasonable checking. They then succumb to our much more skilled transition and talent.

People forget that over the last few seasons we have good success against the Preds and are 6-3 in last nine GP. We scored 29goals in those matchups and score 5 or more goals 3 times. We confound Nashville Preds on a fairly consistent basis. This is one of the few clubs in the league that we have their number. Its a good matchup for us anytime.

Wonder if they are less afraid to do misstakes or feels more confident against the preds.

I couldn't belive this was the same team thats been playing this year. Esp third/fourth line. I wonder if they can build from this or if the will regress right away. Very much agree with the Smyth take as well, I was just overly impressed with Gazdic that he could reasonably keep up with their game even if it was simple. Even if I'm a bit scared when he is in our own zon it's not like we are on a pk all the time.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Can actually play the game if he has the right puck support which Smyth provided admirably last night. Gaz is going to have some trouble handling the puck but playing with guys that keep it pretty basic and play a simple cycle like Joensuu and Smyth really helps Gazdics game. That and that Smyth is a very underrated player at transition and moving the puck up ice. Without that Gazdic spends way too much time in own end.

Smyth was the key player on this line last night and if he was able to play like that often would be one of the best 4th liners in the league.

What I really liked last night is how much the 2nd 3rd an 4th lines focused on phases of transition. First get the puck out, guys supporting NZ puck movement, and getting the puck deep. Simple, effective. We were getting the puck deep consistently and showing battle in all areas of the ice to keep the puck up ice. This wa giving the much slower preds fits.

Not sure how I feel about Gazdic, but Smyth had a whale of a game last night. This coming from a guy who thinks he is terrible a lot of the time. Very impressive showing, made a ton of smart little 5 ft passes (something this team is terrible at generally), and created a ton of havoc in their zone. A+ game for the old mully, happy for him. Hopefully he can string together some good games here and give this squad a bit of a spark.

Gazdic was definitely a passenger last night, not sure how much he can actually bring in terms of 'hockey'

GoDevils1983*

I never thought I'd see the Lambton Shores Predators mentioned here on the HF Boards. They and the Buffalo Regals are two teams my son and I always hope turn things around in the GOJHL. Definite underdogs we root for. :)

As for our home team well it is Sarnia and we have the Legionnaires who are not doing too bad considering they lost some very key players the last 2 years. Anyway ... back to the Lambton Shores Predators well I thought there was some sort of agreement with the London Knights that they would send players there if things didn't work out with the Jr. A club as they had a coach or GM that had good relations with that team but I don't know what happened to that and now Lambton Shores is back to the bottom once again and not hard to understand that happening when they get rid of a player cuz they canned the coach who was his dad. Pretty hard to lose John Warren who had 13 G 9 A 22 PTS in 17 games, Adam Arsenault who had 5 pts in 6 games and went on to get 49 pts in 26 games with Chatham and Tanner Ferguson who had 4 pts in 8 games as a d-man and went on to get 31 pts in 26 games with Chatham and get nothing really to help now in return. These players mentioned had contributed huge before this year with Lambton Shores and actually helped them make the playoffs but I think some of them will not be eligible to play next year in the league so Lambton Shores decided to get what they could for them now which I am not quite sure what they got. I honestly would think with Lambton Shores they would have been more concerned with winning which they never have done much of over their history but then again if they improved themselves for the future and still can find a way into that last playoff spot then maybe it isn't so bad. Still I would have liked to see them put the best team they could have out there for this year and they went another way.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
I never thought I'd see the Lambton Shores Predators mentioned here on the HF Boards. They and the Buffalo Regals are two teams my son and I always hope turn things around in the GOJHL. Definite underdogs we root for. :)

As for our home team well it is Sarnia and we have the Legionnaires who are not doing too bad considering they lost some very key players the last 2 years. Anyway ... back to the Lambton Shores Predators well I thought there was some sort of agreement with the London Knights that they would send players there if things didn't work out with the Jr. A club as they had a coach or GM that had good relations with that team but I don't know what happened to that and now Lambton Shores is back to the bottom once again and not hard to understand that happening when they get rid of a player cuz they canned the coach who was his dad. Pretty hard to lose John Warren who had 13 G 9 A 22 PTS in 17 games, Adam Arsenault who had 5 pts in 6 games and went on to get 49 pts in 26 games with Chatham and Tanner Ferguson who had 4 pts in 8 games as a d-man and went on to get 31 pts in 26 games with Chatham and get nothing really to help now in return. These players mentioned had contributed huge before this year with Lambton Shores and actually helped them make the playoffs but I think some of them will not be eligible to play next year in the league so Lambton Shores decided to get what they could for them now which I am not quite sure what they got. I honestly would think with Lambton Shores they would have been more concerned with winning which they never have done much of over their history but then again if they improved themselves for the future and still can find a way into that last playoff spot then maybe it isn't so bad. Still I would have liked to see them put the best team they could have out there for this year and they went another way.

You forgot to mention another departing LSP player- Kyle Brothers, who recently had hat tricks in 5 consecutive games and has something like 30 points in his last 8 games and is currently leading the GOJHL with 48G 47A.

http://gojhlcms.stats.pointstreak.com/scoringleaders.html?leagueid=668&seasonid=11305

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad