Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 5-1 against the Lambton Shores Predators of the GOJHL

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I really like our forward lines. Bring in a big second line center and It's a playoff calibre group IMO.

Petry and Schultz also proving they could be valuable in lesser roles.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We've won all the games I've attended so far this year

I've been to 5, all losses.... I think I've seen 4 goals haha.

Good performance from what I saw tonight. Not an amazing 3rd, but the Preds didn't get anything done and the oilers had a better second half of the period.

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
After tonight honestly see our defense and gagner as our big holes. We just need some size in the top 6 and he's the obvious target to be replaced. Scribe a looked solid.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
They played solid for the 1st 2 periods and then let up in the 3rd. Scrivens was solid when he wasn't getting run over.

An overall good effort from the team although Nashville put a lot of pressure on in the 3rd and the Oilers went back to being too passive but it didn't cost them.

I'll take 40 minutes of decent hockey anytime over 5 or 10 though. Good game.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Corey Potter is a trainwreck, probably iced the puck like two or three times on his own in third.

3rd and 4th lines look good. When this team gets size and starts hitting they look like a completely different team.

Sorry, but I don't see room for Hemsky on this roster. Yakupov needs to stay in the top six.

Great 2nd period but we did not have a good 3rd. Oh well. One of the few nights fans can feel good about this team this season. I'll take it.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Corey Potter is a trainwreck, probably iced the puck like two or three times on his own in third.

3rd and 4th lines look good.

Sorry, but I don't see room for Hemsky on this roster. Yakupov needs to stay in the top six.

Great 2nd period but we did not have a good 3rd. Oh well. One of the few nights fans can feel good about this team this season. I'll take it.

Can we call the instance of passing the puck up the boards from behind our net to the opposite team, "Pottering"?

It happens at least 50 times a game.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
The Preds had won like 4 or 5 prior to this game, so I am not going to discredit a really good game played by the Oilers. The lines were good tonight I felt, chemistry felt right for all of them and the 3rd line is really syncing together nicely. Our 4th tonight played really well too (and Gazdic was making some nice plays!). Please, Oilers, please play like this tomorrow against those bloody Canucks. Let's win the game, forget retribution, just beat those clowns and let us all rejoice instead of yelling obscenities and tossing things at the TV.

Absolutely no complaints, this was a complete effort with great work by everyone throughout the lineup.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Wow! Another one of them rare occasions where the Oilers played a complete game the entire way through!

:handclap:

Everybody played solid.

See how they do against the knuckleheads tomorrow!

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Replace Gagner with a big #2C, and Joensuu with someone with more of an edge, and I'm perfectly happy with this forward group. Scrivens is also looking good. Our defense makes me want to cry though. We need 2 legit top 4 dmen to go along with Petry, Ference, Marincin, and Schultz

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Can we call the instance of passing the puck up the boards from behind our net to the opposite team, "Pottering"?

It happens at least 50 times a game.

I was thinking more getting a great clear down the ice that isn't close to touching anyone, only to realize it's 5 on 5, and you just iced the puck

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
A game where the Oilers were the bigger more physical team ..

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It's odd how much easier defensive play looks when you're dealing with forwards who don't know anything about the offensive zone.

But at least we're finding out where the threshold for the team is. They could probably beat up Buffalo too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad