Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win 4-2: Started from the bottom now we're here

SchultzSquared*

yep, it was a travesty burying him on the 4th line. Gagner and Yak work well together. This was obvious last year. Does Eakins not know that? Half the board would've figured out to keep Yak with Gagner.

Dallas "Smartest guy in room" Eakins now gets to say that his bull**** treatment of Yak worked... look, he'll say... he has earned his time and is a much better than at beginning of year because of my genius... well no **** you did not play him with two boat anchors on consecutive nights

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Dallas "Smartest guy in room" Eakins now gets to say that his bull**** treatment of Yak worked... look, he'll say... he has earned his time and is a much better than at beginning of year because of my genius... well no **** you did not play him with two boat anchors on consecutive nights

I think you nailed it, excuse the pun.

I don't doubt Eakins would claim this. of course with proper use and service Yak could have several goals by now and would probably be easily leading the team in scoring.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Other than Smyth, I'd be perfectly happy if that 4th line never pulled on an Oilers jersey ever again, actually.

Smyth-Lander/Horak-Jones

Please. Put some guys out there who can take a pass, make a pass, play defense, and cycle the puck. Cuz neither of Acton nor Gazdic are capable of it.

Keep Gazdic, he may not be a great player, but he can fight, he brings energy. I'm looking forward to seeing Horak. From what I read, he's a hard working player who has alot of heart. We need heart and soul guys so he might pan out for us

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
Keep Gazdic, he may not be a great player, but he can fight, he brings energy. I'm looking forward to seeing Horak. From what I read, he's a hard working player who has alot of heart. We need heart and soul guys so he might pan out for us

I like Gazdic as well, Hes only been on the ice for 1 GA, that was last night ><

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Dubs is still just a ok NHL goalie, but the biggest problem with this team is the fact that Potter, Larsen, Belov are all not NHL D men. Here is to J Schultz coming back and Klef and Nurse next year.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Dubs is still just a ok NHL goalie, but the biggest problem with this team is the fact that Potter, Larsen, Belov are all not NHL D men. Here is to J Schultz coming back and Klef and Nurse next year.

I don't think Belov belongs on that list. He's adjusted well and plays a some what physical game, so he might be worth keeping around for 2 more seasons. Our D needs reworking but Belov can stay, we need to retain some depth and make Klebom, Nurse and co to work for their spots, rather than just giving it to them

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I don't think Belov belongs on that list. He's adjusted well and plays a some what physical game, so he might be worth keeping around for 2 more seasons. Our D needs reworking but Belov can stay, we need to retain some depth and make Klebom, Nurse and co to work for their spots, rather than just giving it to them

Plus this is only his 20th or so game in NA..

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Crossing my fingers this is one of those wins that turns a season around. I'm not expecting playoffs but a lot more wins would be nice. :)

Dubnyk played great again.

Go Oilers.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Bruce McCurdy ‏@BruceMcCurdy 2h
Oilers are now 3-0-0 in games they've entered with a 5-game losing streak. #OilersPositives

Nice. :laugh:

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

You think j schultz is a good defenseman?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So night after getting a goal Yak looks dangerous picks up assist... imagine that... does well a) when given ice time b) played with skilled players
You must be mistaken sir. Yak played mostly with Gagner and Hemsky.

Everyone on the board who's been following along knows those two guys are not skill. They are the rejects holding the team back. We'd like to give them away, but nobody will have them so we'll probably have to buy them out. :sarcasm:

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
You think j schultz is a good defenseman?

I think he is below average in his own end. He is better than most think. He is one of the better offensive D men in the NHL though. His first pass is much better than any one on the Oilers at the moment.

He is Larsen, but better ofensivly, and better defensivly. He is a NHL D man at worst. Larsen is a NHL d man at best.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I don't understand why people feel the need to complain about a win. Especially when wins are few and far between.
And I don't get why people are all over Eberle and Gagner yet RNH plays another game like he's channeling MAP and nobody says a word about it.

Eberle and Gagner are not first overall picks. More can be expected of Hall and RNH. Eberle was recently voted the second best 22nd pick ever (behind Giroux). Looking at what he's accomplished already, he's easily covered his draft slot. Pretty sure Gagner has too. Time for the number one overall picks not named Yakupov to face a little heat on this board.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
And I don't get why people are all over Eberle and Gagner yet RNH plays another game like he's channeling MAP and nobody says a word about it.

Eberle and Gagner are not first overall picks. More can be expected of Hall and RNH. Eberle was recently voted the second best 22nd pick ever (behind Giroux). Looking at what he's accomplished already, he's easily covered his draft slot. Pretty sure Gagner has too. Time for the number one overall picks not named Yakupov to face a little heat on this board.

I don't think it is so much where they were picked though, it is how much they get paid. Ebs gets the same, I agree he was a steal at 22. I agree though, Nuge needs to bring a lot more offence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad