Confirmed with Link: Oilers will be giving up third round pick in Lucic/Neal swap

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I would like to congratulate Morgan Geekie on his art ross and rocket win this year while we’re at it.

2gp - 3G 1A

We’re very lucky to have gotten to experience someone on pace for a truly generational season this year!

82gp - 123G 41A

Sweet baby Jesus, he scored nearly 50 more goals than Selanne did in his rookie season. His next contract should be double what McDavid's is. Prorated, of course.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Thats when you'll get the dumb flames fans who like to throw out how the oilers have all the first"round" picks, when they dont seem to realize that everyone gets a first round pick.

I love embarrassing them when they bring that up, bunch of fairweather fans.
Like every city, there are some smart and some dumb fans, and everything in between. I'm surprised at the lack of Flames fans in this city, quite honestly. People don't seem to be hockey crazy.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
This just in....Edmonton gives up another pick to reunite Taylor Hall with P.Chia. in Az.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Bettman likely got tired of Treliving whining on the phone every hour for four months, and finally broke, said f**k it, take your pick, and leave me alone. Can hardly wait till the Covid vaccine is available and the Flames push people in respirators to the back of the line.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Based on marriage stats, I've prorated divorce numbers and am currently on my third marriage, all in the last hour. I also have 6 children now. I prorated for an additional four.

LOL.

I dare you to tell your (ex?) wife all that tonight. ;)

Reactions: McFuhryous

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Need to defer this to 2021 and keep bitching to Bettman for the whole year and hope he caves like he did with Lou on the Kovalchuk lost pick.

Just keep reminding him that the city was here for the league when they backed themselves into a corner with the hub city proposals in Vegas and Vancouver. Without us they're looking at hosting in Winnipeg, lol.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Partly likely due to commemorating the "legacy" of a veteran like Lucic. Even though he sucks now and never would have gotten those goals without Bettman poking it in for him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I freaking knew it. The moment one of the reporters (Seravelli I believe?) mentioned the possibility of pro-rating stats on conditional picks back in May, I knew they would award the pick to the Flames.

If they want to make up a ruling to give the Flames the Oilers 3rd, fine, but they should also give the Oilers a compensatory 3rd for, ya know, the fact that the condition wasn't actually met in reality. This would be the only fair thing to do. Holland needs to fight this to at least get some compensation out of it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Next time she asks you to do some chores you should say "I prorated it and I've already done my share for the year." :D

:laugh:

That could backfire though. She would tell me she's prorated the amount of lovin' and she's done for the year.

Reactions: Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad