Confirmed with Link: Oilers will be giving up third round pick in Lucic/Neal swap

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
A third round pick won't break the bank and offloading Looch's contract was pretty much miracle working by Ken Holland. However the NHL arbitrating a decision in this is brutal especially after the unconscionable botched gift high draft pick to Boston for a fired GM Chiarelli. Compensation to the Sharks for a mutually dismissed McLellan doubled down on the half baked league rule for executive compensation. Simply put the Oiler Flames terms of trade were not met with what became the regular season thanks to force majeur. IF ANYTHING, a drop down to a late round pick might have been more fair and equitable.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Pay your hub tax Edmonton.

images

North

Jun 25, 2009
I’m not sure Holland would waste his time appealing the decision but this league continues to wear clown shoes.

Reactions: TB12 and Faelko

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
If they video a compelling argument saying they don't think neal was capable of scoring two more goals while hes in the room.

I say give it back to them haha. It would be worth it

EDIT: didn't realize I was in your sub haha. Sorry

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Reactions: Cloned

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If they video a compelling argument saying they don't think neal was capable of scoring two more goals while hes in the room.

I say give it back to them haha. It would be worth it

EDIT: didn't realize I was in your sub haha. Sorry
I wasn’t aware that him being “capable” of scoring was on the contract.

Interesting.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm no Oilers fan, but this is ridiculous. I live in Calgary (for some reason) and will be sure to let Flames fans hear about this. :laugh:
Thats when you'll get the dumb flames fans who like to throw out how the oilers have all the first"round" picks, when they dont seem to realize that everyone gets a first round pick.

I love embarrassing them when they bring that up, bunch of fairweather fans.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
This just in... the NHL announces the Rocket Richard and Art Ross trophies will be awarded to Carolina's Morgan Geekie. His three goals and four points in two games led the league in scoring and points.

You know, cuz that's how this works. Am i right?

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I would like to congratulate Morgan Geekie on his art ross and rocket win this year while we’re at it.

2gp - 3G 1A

We’re very lucky to have gotten to experience someone on pace for a truly generational season this year!

82gp - 123G 41A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad