Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I'd love if they did click but I think Draisaitls line will have a few shifts together and then McDavid will be back up there and then Nygard and Yamamoto will get 10-12 min total.

But you never know

I think so as well. Tippitt gives in real easy. Will be back to McDavid Draisaitl Kassian Bear Nurse and they will go minus 3.
I don't expect Nuge will have any brain farts today after last game and will be the better (plus minus) line.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Has Neal been playing hurt? I just read on the new “midseason player grade” article on the athletic, that he’s been playing hurt this year, anyone know if that’s true?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
You don't split up your best pairing to give these two players more minutes:

032802f50468b7308a2497a9bbffb797.png

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Haas still being forced to Center the fourth line even with us using mcd Drai and nuge at Center is criminal. This guy deserves a shot in the top 6, especially over chiasson, probably over Nygard, or at the very least should be playing on line 3 with Nuge.

Overall though, the lines are bad cause the teams bad. Only reason I’ll be watching is to see how the callups do.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm not sure if Staples is a genius or clueless on this one.

A radical plan for McDavid & Draisaitl: Might Dave Tippett take the Scotty Bowman challenge?

"New top line: McDavid, Draisaitl … and Nurse"

"Klefbom and Bear are both strong puck movers and decent defenders. Sheahan is likely the Oil’s best defensive centre. If he’s asked to play shut-down defence in the slot, he can pull it off.

But I prefer to go with Nurse in this role as defensive centre."

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2008
If anyone had any doubts about the complete lack of skill, talent and ability on our current roster, well, that lineup should be enough to convince you that we are wandering in the desert.
No worries, Kenbellini is going to build through the draft.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

A radical plan for McDavid & Draisaitl: Might Dave Tippett take the Scotty Bowman challenge?

"Klefbom and Bear are both strong puck movers and decent defenders. Sheahan is likely the Oil’s best defensive centre. If he’s asked to play shut-down defence in the slot, he can pull it off.

giphy.gif
I say go for it. Nothing much to lose.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

giphy.gif
LOOOOOL

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

giphy.gif

Staples got a bag of crack for Christmas I see.

Reactions: KYams17

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

giphy.gif
Jesus.

Reactions: KYams17

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If you look even closer you will notice every team below them (except LA) has games in hand over the Oilers.
If the Oilers get in the playoffs it probably won't be through the Wild Card. They're in an okay position in the Pacific right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad