Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I like how Draisaitl looked in the mirror, saw the problem looking back at him, and owned it.

Mike Smith on the other hand, is the equivalent of this when he looks in the mirror over his **** goaltending lately.

AOWFH8.gif

Smith
Nuge

It's always we, not me

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I predicted a 7-2 pasting of us by the Rangers. Oilers have trouble against teams with an active D.

Well if we are being honest here, we have trouble against teams with an active pulse, but really have trouble with active D’s....

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I predicted a 7-2 pasting of us by the Rangers. Oilers have trouble against teams with an active D.

Well if we are being honest here, we have trouble against teams with an active pulse, but really have trouble with active D’s....

I mean that's probably generous, could be closer to 10.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
After that piss poor effort by RNH last game I am at the end of my rope with him.
I really wish Stauffer or somebody would fess up about his injuries. Is he hurt and is toughing it out (where he’d get a bit of leeway) or has he just regressed back to 2017/18 Ryan Nothing Happens?

Reactions: frag2

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I really wish Stauffer or somebody would fess up about his injuries. Is he hurt and is toughing it out (where he’d get a bit of leeway) or has he just regressed back to 2017/18 Ryan Nothing Happens?

This is his best nick name because nothing does happen with him. As we say on the East coast, u either cut bait or fish. He does neither but groom his horse

Reactions: RegDunlop and frag2

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't think I've watched a game start to finish in a month. Not sure tonight is the night. But here's to the team miraculously turning it all around and ringing in the new year with a win.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
After the flames game I told myself: “definitely not watching the next game, not a chance” Next thing I know it’s game day and I’m wearing a jersey, there’s beer in the fridge, and I’m anxiously passing time waiting for puck drop.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I have heard that his wrist is still bunged up but not so bad as he cant play. That said, a wrist injury shouldn't make your decision making and defensive coverage lapse. But honestly if he is injured then get it fixed so he can play at near 100% and not at the 50-60% we have been getting this year.

Reactions: guymez

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I have heard that his wrist is still bunged up but not so bad as he cant play. That said, a wrist injury shouldn't make your decision making and defensive coverage lapse. But honestly if he is injured then get it fixed so he can play at near 100% and not at the 50-60% we have been getting this year.
If that's the case, both Nuge and the org are being morons.

Nuge is on a contract year, and is risking playing at a sub 100% level and leaving money on the table? That seems strange to me.

Edit: Looks like his contract is up next year not this one like I thought. Either way, it seems strange to be playing through injuries when the organization is clearly content with throwing this season away.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Well.

The team is in desperation mode.

Starting Smith is really bad.

Draisaitl and Nuge in bad.

Call ups Yamamoto and Laggesson not put into a position to succeed. If they play much/at all.

In short barring a miracle this is a loss. If they do manage a win hopefully it's a legit building point and not just a one off to keep us close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad