Pre-Game Talk: Oilers VS Predators @ 5pm GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
If we couldn't score against St. Louis, we won't score against Nashville.

4-0 Predators. Forsberg, Wilson, Jones, and Ribeiro

Every big name player's 1st NHL goal is against us.
I suspect tonight will be no different.
You're welcome in advance.

Otherwise, I don't envy the STL and NSH games to start the season.
Get them out of the way early, you'll be fine.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Am I the only one who thinks the Sleps-Lander-Yakupov line got a promotion? The McDavid line looks like the 3rd line IMO.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
wow is Reinhart seriously out in favour of Ference tonight? Crazy. Oh well I'm in no position to judge with the new coaching staff and hope they play a good game tonight. I was to see compete and an entertaining game.

I know a lot of fans want results but from what I gathered over the offseason, many were still accepting of the fact that this year will ultimately be another one of development for the team.

Expecting a 3-1 NSH win.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Am I the only one who thinks the Sleps-Lander-Yakupov line got a promotion? The McDavid line looks like the 3rd line IMO.

Not really. If we are shorthanded for any length of time then Yak and Slepy arent going to be getting very much ice time today, or maybe Purcell gets used on the PK with Lander and Yak can pick up a few extra shifts at EV on the top line?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
wow is Reinhart seriously out in favour of Ference tonight? Crazy. Oh well I'm in no position to judge with the new coaching staff and hope they play a good game tonight. I was to see compete and an entertaining game.

I know a lot of fans want results but from what I gathered over the offseason, many were still accepting of the fact that this year will ultimately be another one of development for the team.

Expecting a 3-1 NSH win.

Maybe what ever was bothering him near the end of camp is bothering him again. TMac said he wouldnt discuss or explain guys sitting for minor bumps and bruises.

Cant say I'm expecting a better effort than last game, because I was very pleased with the effort all game from the club, just hoping for a few more scoring chances and a bit better PP. And 5 points for McDavid:sarcasm:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It's not McLellan's job to do what's best for Yakupov, but what's best for the Oilers as a whole. And for the moment, that is to put Yak with Lander and Slepyshev. I actually like putting Yak and Slep together because it can only help Slep, if only because Yak's probably the only guy on the team he can actually talk to on the ice, given the language barrier.

Also, these lines will make a lot more sense once Eberle's back. Him being out of the lineup is a large blow after all, it'd be like taking Filip Forsberg out of Nashville's lineup, how much difference would it make if he were not there?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think McLellan is doing what's best for Yakupov.

Pairing him with Lander and keeping there should help Yak immensely.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Can someone explain why the **** Yak is on the third line behind Korpi? Lander and Slepy are decent players but aren't going to drive much on that line. The times Yak has gotten a shot with skilled offensive players he has looked decent.

Slep is a skilled scorer as well. I believe TM wants to have Nashville's best defense go up against big names like RNH, McDavid, Hall. Then he grouped his undervalued snipers in Slep and Yak on the 3rd line to exploit weaker defense. The 3rd line has been on fire in the pre-season, so it's a good move. My only concern is that Nashville may decide to ice better D-men against them. It will be interesting to watch how this chess match plays out.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Ference over Reinhart? Ouch.

I think he has to figure guys out. Reinhart was our best d-man in game 1 I thought. Don't think this is a reflection on Reinhart but McLellan tinkering.

We'll see the MacBlender in the first 20 games, especially without Eberle and with the defence lacking in top-end talent.

There's lots of roster turnover again and learning new systems again.

I'm really trying to remind myself to take the longview at this stage in the season.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
Is anyone familiar with cityTV — will their app or website stream the game? Or through NHL.com?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Just win Oilers. I don't care how ugly the win is, just don't lose the first 5 games of the season again.

P.S. Ference in for Reinhart is idiotic. Reinhart played pretty decently last game.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Do not understand why Ference is taking Reinhart's place. Maybe they don't want him sitting two games in a row?

Mind boggling decision.

That;s an automatic goals against right there.

Its 1-0 Nashville right now and it's 1:43PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad