GDT: Oilers vs Flame SS. sept 21, 2014

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
I don't know, in my mind Draisaitl is his replacement. From what I've seen he is already better then Gagner:laugh: If Gagner does anything better then Draisaitl besides eat a punch I'd like to know what it is.
Well, putting faith in a kid that young to step in and play a full season as 2C is a tall order. I'd like to think he can do it, but thats asking a lot.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Well, putting faith in a kid that young to step in and play a full season as 2C is a tall order. I'd like to think he can do it, but thats asking a lot.
You mean to say about this time 7 years ago that you didn't have faith in Gagner? It was a while ago but this board was pretty unanimous with him

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

This isn't some ordinary kid, he's a 3rd overall draft pick. Guys drafted that high often times have solid rookie seasons points wise at least. I'd sooner deal with a rookies defensive follies than a 7 year veteran that still plays D like he doesn't care about keeping the puck out of his own net.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This isn't some ordinary kid, he's a 3rd overall draft pick. Guys drafted that high often times have solid rookie seasons points wise at least. I'd sooner deal with a rookies defensive follies than a 7 year veteran that still plays D like he doesn't care about keeping the puck out of his own net.
Draisaitl has size too which will help him a lot in adapting cause size wise at least he doesn't look like a kid among men.

We will get more of an effort from Drai then Gagner which will be great to see as well

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
You mean to say about this time 7 years ago that you didn't have faith in Gagner? It was a while ago but this board was pretty unanimous with him
Well, Gagner was brought in with Horcoff, Stoll and Reasoner on the roster. That’s basically a best case scenario to bring a young center into your team. A far cry from now.

Yeah, I’m cautiously optimistic. Its just always a concern when a bigger player comes into the NHL. He’s going from playing against kids where he was among the biggest, to playing against men who know how to hit. Plus he has no mentor, unlike what Gagner had (see above). Of course I’m rooting for him, but I’m more cautious than optimistic.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I swear i'm the only person left that still liked Gagner. Minus his defensive deficiencies, he put up good points for a second line center. In the past 3 seasons he was ranked 90th amongst forwards for points, putting him at the low end for a first line player or high end for a second line player. Hall and Eberle are top 30 and RNH, Perron and Purcell are top 60. In the small sample size, Arcobello is not a better player then Gagner and we shouldn't have traded him unless a better replacement was coming back.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I swear i'm the only person left that still liked Gagner. Minus his defensive deficiencies, he put up good points for a second line center. In the past 3 seasons he was ranked 90th amongst forwards for points, putting him at the low end for a first line player or high end for a second line player. Hall and Eberle are top 30 and RNH, Perron and Purcell are top 60. In the small sample size, Arcobello is not a better player then Gagner and we shouldn't have traded him unless a better replacement was coming back.

Gagner has skills but is one dimensional. He is lightweight and cannot force the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad