Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Both moves were big F**king glaring mistakes

Monty thinks he's so smart making moves when the best move was no moves at all
Best quote we will read all day today on this site " the best move was no moves at all " this guy can't help himself , I was all for his hire, thought he deserved a chance, now I am all for his dismissal...........Cooper if made available and he can bring Stamkos, Berube, might be interesting anyone else have ideas.....

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
f*** Kozari. Marchand was held.
more than once

You thought Carlo was going to finish a series? Silly optimist.
I haven't heard about Carlo.

IMO he was playing some of his best hockey, so I hope he is OK.

Looked like he was holding his face/ eye when he went by us.

Playing with 5 d in the playoffs is not fun.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If we cannot dispose of the Leafs, the Panthers will kill us if we make it to the next round.
At the start of the season I thought they would not make the playoffs.

Now I want to get to round 2 and I would consider that a win. Of course, if they do, I will probably want more.

I think the Rangers will come out of the East.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
nope.....but close

Monty cannot help himself. His ego has him thinking he plays a big role in each game. Sabotaging is what he does.
Winning line up on the road and comes home up 3-1 . Don't change a frigging thing! Learned nothing from last season.
Over coaches like no coach I've ever seen.

Game 7 Saturday
Monty loves hearing that he pushes all the right buttons, from the media

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Zacha needs to show up. At least coyle is showing signs of life. And gotta say I feel for boquist. He’s flying out there and his two wingers are just so slow. Put him on 3rd line sit maroon and put Beecher at 4c.
Boquist is so fast. He needs someone else on his line.

It’s summer, he wants to party not play hockey.
Not true but whatever.

Reactions: TCB

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Home teams now 17-20 in the playoffs. I truly believe that the Bruins have to win game 6, they will choke in game 7 at home, that's what they do. Insert Beecher and Lauko and take out Brazeau and JVR, we need speed, energy and Beecher's FO skills back in the lineup. Gryz needs to be left back in Boston, just a terrible playoff performer, wouldn't hurt if Montgomery remained in Boston too, I mean how can any coach have his team come out so flat, uninspired in such a big game. Going back to his Dallas days he is now 0-6 in his last 6 elimination games.

Oooooof. Did not know that. I like Monty a lot as a coach but he might have a fatal flaw. If the bruins lose this series I think it’s time to move on given his past record in elimination games before Boston too

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Why does Monty always have to **** with the lineup? Why did he put Brazeau back in? the team was playing just fine, but here comes Master Monty and changes the mojo of the team.

Leaves in the goalie like he should, but just had to make a change so he swapped Brazeau back in.... and who looked rusty and like he didn't belong? Brazeau.
Why was Heinen put back on the first line, when he has done nothing to say that he belongs there, and Pasta and Zacha are not getting on the scoresheet but with DeBrusk on that line he has been one the best playoff players on this team. there is a need for JVR, Maroon, Brazeau but not all in the lineup at the same time, complain about face offs if you will when your best face guy is watching upstairs, oh someone posted burning out Marchand when maybe Beecher deserves the chance too kill penalties. Speed and forechecking was missing and two player that do both Lauko, and Beecher are watching, make sense, make sense to you.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Don't do this to me again Bruins. Do not let some unproven goalie step in midway through and turn a playoff series against you on its head.

Now all of a sudden, Carlo is questionable, we literally have no idea who is starting Game 6, and the world's best goal scorer MIGHT be back in the Leaf line-up for Game 6.

Go into Toronto, load up your top 9 (and especially top 6). Put Pasta back with Marchand. Load up your Top 4 D with your 4 best defensive D-men. This isn't charity. Limit the 4th line whoever it is. Limit the 3rd pairs exposure. Lean on your best players, play them more, put the pedal down and win a playoff hockey game and get this over with.

And win a face-off. When Max Domi is eating you alive in the dot. Why was Beecher scratched?
Excellent post.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Mac & Coyle both puck watching in front
Maybe they forgot that it was not a defenseman that could out muscle the forward, that was not happening.

This happened during the regular season too. Beecher would be on a good run of play and all of the sudden Monty would remove him and say he "wasn't performing how we'd like".

I have no idea what he/the coaching staff sees sometimes.
I don't think Monty listens to his staff, he is the smartest guy in the room.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Maybe they forgot that it was not a defenseman that could out muscle the forward, that was not happening.

I don't think Monty listens to his staff, he is the smartest guy in the room.
Monty doesn’t have to listen to his staff, just needs to watch the film and use some common sense. Kinda hard to build any momentum when you can’t possess the puck and they were embarrassed on the dot all night. But it’s fine, scratch your only reliable face off man for a lumbering JAG who hasn’t played a shift in two months.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Yeah I dont understand how Marchand comes out of the corner in OT there wearing the defensemans stick while carrying the puck and theres no call.

Again, this team had no business winning that game. They played horribly- But they still almost won.

Call me ignorant, but I still feel rather confident this isnt coming back to Boston.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
We all know that Forbort will be in next game too. If Carlo is hurt it will happen. And don’t be surprised that Monty has Grezlyk in too. Ya just get that feeling from him. Also lose game 6 he will be tempted to go with Ullmark. Hope I’m wrong……

Overcoached (if that’s even a word) is what seemed to happen. Also both teams really should ashamed of the game last night. If that’s playoff hockey then bring on the summer because that isn’t a product worth watching……

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Yeah I dont understand how Marchand comes out of the corner in OT there wearing the defensemans stick while carrying the puck and theres no call.

Again, this team had no business winning that game. They played horribly- But they still almost won.

Call me ignorant, but I still feel rather confident this isnt coming back to Boston.
They definitely didn’t lose because of the refs, but they got no calls in that game; Marchand is certainly never going to get the benefit of the doubt. Add to that, it’s the Leafs (I.e., Canada’s version of the Yankees who don’t win anything) and the NHL’s desperate desire to have a Canadian team be relevant and Boston isn’t going to get a call. Not sour grapes, again because the officiating didn’t decide the game, just truth

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
We all know that Forbort will be in next game too. If Carlo is hurt it will happen. And don’t be surprised that Monty has Grezlyk in too. Ya just get that feeling from him. Also lose game 6 he will be tempted to go with Ullmark. Hope I’m wrong……

Overcoached (if that’s even a word) is what seemed to happen. Also both teams really should ashamed of the game last night. If that’s playoff hockey then bring on the summer because that isn’t a product worth watching……
"overcoached" if not a word , Monty, will make sure that it is.

Last edited:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The Bruins had 4 prime opportunities to score on basically an open net, Frederic, DeBrusk, Pastrnak, and Marchand, but they couldn't corral the puck to get the shot off. They didn't skate or pay attention to any details while handling the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad