GDT: Oilers vs Flame SS. sept 21, 2014

Jun 9, 2011
Going to the game in Calgary. Pretty bummed about being shafted on the roster. Lame.
Yakupov-Arcobello-Purcell
Pakarinen-Lander-Pinizzotto
Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu
Moroz-Khaira-Baltisberger

Nikitin-Fayne
Marincin-Simpson

Oesterle-Musil

Those players are the ones I would be watching. Hope Yakupov has a great game.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Yakupov-Arcobello-Purcell
Pakarinen-Lander-Pinizzotto
Hendricks-Gordon-Joensuu
Moroz-Khaira-Baltisberger

Nikitin-Fayne
Marincin-Simpson

Oesterle-Musil

Those players are the ones I would be watching. Hope Yakupov has a great game.
I'm also excited for the Moroz Khaira combo, they have looked very good together

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Going to the game in Calgary. Pretty bummed about being shafted on the roster. Lame.

Nikitin-Fayne could be real stalwarts for us this year so hopefully you'll enjoy that. You've also go Fasth, who might be a #1B. Sure, you're not getting as much flash, but you get to see Yakupov in #10 hopefully make some nice moves! Besides, for a preseason split game, I'm sure the tickets were cheap and you'll probably still have a fun time!

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Nikitin-Fayne could be real stalwarts for us this year so hopefully you'll enjoy that. You've also go Fasth, who might be a #1B. Sure, you're not getting as much flash, but you get to see Yakupov in #10 hopefully make some nice moves! Besides, for a preseason split game, I'm sure the tickets were cheap and you'll probably still have a fun time!

I was excited about Yak until reading about his frustrations about being on that line. It may be a hard one to watch.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
cbp21.jpg

cbp3i.jpg

cbp61.jpg

this is what is right

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I wish they had staggered these games. dum dums:p:

I've always thought this as well. Why can't one game start in the afternoon? Just switch each city every year for the early game.

No doubt. One at 5, one at 8

Or this. Doubleheader works well.

Tickets are regular price for the game in Edmonton apparently. ****ing Oiler's, you never fail to surprise me.

Been like that for a while, I was blown away when I found out it was regular price to see stinkin' exhibition games.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
No trade, at least not yet ;)

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
For those asking, Eberle is off tonite, not playing either game. Not abnormal, lines get mixed a lot in exhibition.

It seems pretty abnormal to me. He is the only forward projected to be in the starting twelve that is sitting. I wouldn't be shocked if he is the 1% that Eakins mentioned the other day. I hope it isn't but this is kind of fishy.

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
Here is to reigniting the BOA!

Calgary Fan here, wishing you guys the best of luck (don't really mean it though).

You guys are going to do your best to run Gaudreau. Have at her, I mean him. He will either break or he wont, flames fans need to see this. Vancouver prospect game was not a good indicator. Johnny went down after a nasty elbow to the head. Dirty play.

Don't get me wrong though, if you guys can line him up cleanly and make him a bug on a windshield have at it! This is a mans game!

Speaking of men? Calgary has lots of big men itching for action. Fighting was banned in our training camp and guys are itching for a scrap.

Tonight I predict pain. Oilers win on the score card both games, but not the fight cards lol!

I am getting excited, hockey is back, I am also very proud of the oilers with how they handled Nurse. He could of played last year, might of been the best dman on your team. One more year in junior has helped him so much. Guy will be a stud on defence for you. Loved getting Monahan, upset we didn't get Nurse too.

Monahan should of spent another year of junior too, yet he lucked out befriending a thirty plus year old McGrattan. Unlikely friends, but friends none the less. Boys bulked up. Yet is also faster.

I will not post after the games here. Fuel to the fire of meaningless games. Lets hope for good fights, clean hits, and a high scoring game. Will be trying to watch both games at the same time lol! That is so dumb they are being played at the same time!

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
It seems pretty abnormal to me. He is the only forward projected to be in the starting twelve that is sitting. I wouldn't be shocked if he is the 1% that Eakins mentioned the other day. I hope it isn't but this is kind of fishy.

I really doubt it, Eberle has been the most fit player in camp until this year? really highly doubt it.

Edit:

If Eberle was that 1% you think Eakins starts him on the 1st line with team Gretzky?

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think it's cause they know exactly what they have in Eberle. Top line winger who puts up tons of points every year. Our nhl right wing depth is 3 players deep and they want to see what else we have. I don't see anything weird with it at all.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Here is to reigniting the BOA!

Calgary Fan here, wishing you guys the best of luck (don't really mean it though).

You guys are going to do your best to run Gaudreau. Have at her, I mean him. He will either break or he wont, flames fans need to see this. Vancouver prospect game was not a good indicator. Johnny went down after a nasty elbow to the head. Dirty play.

Don't get me wrong though, if you guys can line him up cleanly and make him a bug on a windshield have at it! This is a mans game!

Speaking of men? Calgary has lots of big men itching for action. Fighting was banned in our training camp and guys are itching for a scrap.

Tonight I predict pain. Oilers win on the score card both games, but not the fight cards lol!

I am getting excited, hockey is back, I am also very proud of the oilers with how they handled Nurse. He could of played last year, might of been the best dman on your team. One more year in junior has helped him so much. Guy will be a stud on defence for you. Loved getting Monahan, upset we didn't get Nurse too.

Monahan should of spent another year of junior too, yet he lucked out befriending a thirty plus year old McGrattan. Unlikely friends, but friends none the less. Boys bulked up. Yet is also faster.

I will not post after the games here. Fuel to the fire of meaningless games. Lets hope for good fights, clean hits, and a high scoring game. Will be trying to watch both games at the same time lol! That is so dumb they are being played at the same time!
You guys lucked out with Gazdic being injured. He would fight anyone you got and win the majority of them.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Other thing is, maybe they are putting Chase there to make sure Calagary doesn't come in and Kassian one of our guys without retribution.

Besides, its not like they have an unknown in Eberle, his spot is pretty well assured, might as well give a prospect whop has impressed a solid parting shot and memory, some light to work toward.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
What did Yakupov say? I hope he's not complaining about pre season line combos.

Oh, Yak hasn't said anything.

If you jump onto the "training camp" thread, you'll see a lot of posts talking about how frustrated Yak looked on that line.

I don't blame him, even if it is pre-season. It's likely his line this season.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
I'm not from EDM/CGY, anyone know of any streams?

Oilers website worked for me for all the youngstars, and I'm in Vancouver. Not sure if it's region locked beyond Western Canada or Canada as a whole, or if it'll be region locked now that the preseason has started, but maybe try that first? Sometimes it'll be on youtube channels too?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Oh, Yak hasn't said anything.

If you jump onto the "training camp" thread, you'll see a lot of posts talking about how frustrated Yak looked on that line.

I don't blame him, even if it is pre-season. It's likely his line this season.

Question is...is he frustrated with his line mates or himself?

I'm thinking the latter given some of the recent interviews I've seen.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I think Yak needs to just step up.

I dunno, we are at a turning point, we aren't developing anymore, we want to win. If Yak can't handle being put in a sheltered third line role he should go out and dominate to the point where we want in on a second or first line.

He has to beat Eberle and Perron. ****** position for him, but it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad